Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Mark

User channel on YouTube

I really doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory11
Theory11 is pleased to announce our partnership with The United States Playing Card Company, makers of Bicycle® Playing Cards, to evolve the company’s playing card product line to appeal to a new generation of consumers.
I think that under those conditions, the USPCC accepted the deal and let Theory11 free in making these ads. But Theory11's "new generation of consumers" is merely based on cardists, which is a big (if not the biggest) part of their own consumer base. On top of that, there is no new market for the USPCC at T11 because cardists are called cardists for a reason.. because they already use playing cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory11
The goal of this strategic alliance is to combine theory11′s creativity with USPC’s unrivaled distribution power. Accordingly, under this alliance, we will work together to innovate in the areas of web development, playing card design, marketing, and brand enhancement.
Web development? Top notch!
Playing card design? Great!
Marketing? Started off okay, but went down the drain.
Brand enhancement? Making the USPCC look like Theory11 or a department of them = success. Other than that, not really.. except for on the website.
Creativity? I guess that these playing cards ads, each of them looking exactly the same while shot at different locations = no creativity.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote