Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Marketer > The Store > Q&A
Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Mark

User channel on YouTube

There are many reasons why the physical products were released in limited amounts and aren't available anymore. Just some of them:
  • They sold out;
  • The original idea to have professional tutorials produced was to spread them within our own crew (our artists and pupils) rather than to actually sell them;
  • It's a huge part of our marketing strategy. It makes everything much more valuable too;
  • It brings magic back to when it was still a secret. We care much more about the art than about money. If needed, we can always make more money by performing. The products were priced above average too so that helped a hand;
  • It weren't mass productions. Having anymore produced would've been a lot more expensive;
  • 'The Flash' and most of the other gimmicks are extremely time consuming to make as they are handcrafted;
  • I see many of those tricks as my trademarks. I released those just to have the secrets live on rather than to take them with me in my grave;
  • Some of then were released for all the wrong reasons because it was to prove people that it weren't fakes. Ever since, we have been a lot more careful when releasing new products. We won't ever release them for my personal reasons anymore;
  • We have been looking for some partner sellers but so far without success as the ones that are capable want to sell as many as possible instead of that they care about where the magic might end up. (Richard, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

No worries, we will soon be releasing downloadable products. Those will sell in 'unlimited' amounts and most of them will cost under $10. They are not really unlimited but at least we will sell more than we did with the physical products. We will put a temporary stop on them whenever we sell too many.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote