Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
Kieran Oloughlin

Good Holidays, school camp and magic

Hullo,hullo hullo!
I am on a two week school holiday! Well after this week anyway.
Tommoroww I am going on a school camp which comsumes the rest fo the week tuseday to friday and when I come back it will be school holidays plenty of time to practice some stuff from andthensome

BUT I DO HAVE 3 ASSIGMENTS I NEED TO DO:ma d:. A maths assigment on spirals a history essay and a english model.

SO anyway on my school camp I will be performing magic I expect as almost evryone knows in my year that I do magic so I will be perfoming a bit. I have organized my 6 packs of 1$ cards that where spread across my room into a few decks so when performing outside I do not have to worry about ruining anything and Later I am going to cut out some cardboard things so I can do stigmata. Also there is a talent quest that EVERYONE has to perform in on the last night so I am thinking about doing something like estimation ace for that and maybe my variation of impossible knowledge (if that is ok with you oliver).

I should of posted this up yesterday so you guys could see this and give me some trick suggestions and stuff but I forgot.
So yeah tommorow school camp then holidays and I am hoping that when I get back from camp andthensome will of arrived.

Post an uptade in a couple of days when I get back see ya.
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

Good luck, cause if you're relying on cards, you can only rely on your card handling and memory
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Ohhhhhhhhh sounds awesome!

If you will be participating on stage in front of a pretty big crowd, card tricks usually don't turn out well unless it's a manipulation routine, strictly speaking out of first-hand experience xD

Unless you do something like Cards Across or that trick (forgot the name) where you count 5 cards, throw one away and there are still 5 cards, and you repeat that, basically saying that no matter how many cards you throw away, there are always 5 cards in your hand.

You can do rope tricks too
Old 04-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
Kieran Oloughlin

Hello got back today! Damn 5 hour bus trip. Anyway I did not perform as much magic as I would of liked during the day because I am nevrvous going up to people even my frineds or calssmates and saying do you want to see a trick. But I did do some performing and it all went pretty well.

Now the talent quest evryone was seated on a mat thing (it was at a camp it was outside and this was 44 odd people) so what me and my firend did (who also does card magic but I am wwwwwwwaaayyyy better than him) is put a card mat on a fold out table and evryone stood around it. I did a triumph trick then my frined did the insane-sane trick by jay sankey (not sure what it is called) then I did a rope trick that I learnt in my magic kit where you snap the rope through a spectators neck he then did (and stuffed up) jumping jemini but he improvised so it worked out okay. Then I did the estimation ace by ed marlo but because it was at night and it was cold and there where 44 people watching my hands where shaking and I could not do a faro shuffle so a pre-prepared it Got big reactoins for that trick. I then did the werm card flourish and my friedn did some spread flourishes.

Here where our scores:
10/10 (yr 8 maths teacher also said that our magic skills showed evidence of misspent youth >_<)
11/10 (homeclass teacher)
13/10 (my year level codinator from the previous 2 years)
13.1/10(media teacher from last year)
15/10 (IT guy)
Me and my friend won I (OBVIOUSLY)

So yeah I was happy with the camp and tommorrow it I have 2 week holidays YES!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

how did you got points over the max of 10?

that comment about misspent youth was funny, definitely what you want to hear from a grown up( it means the same as "you must have practiced a long time for this to be so good")
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:05 AM   #6
Kieran Oloughlin

We got marks over 10 because we are MAGIC!
No seriously, because it was a school camp and evryone had to do a performance only a few where good so the marking system was very easy. The 2nd place winner went before us and got 10/10 for evrything so in order for us to ww got above 10.