Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
MeandmagiC

User channel on YouTube

Theory11 has no right to say what you can and cannot perform.
I dislike the powerplay of Theory11.
There is no such thing as having rights on Idea's or tricks, unless you have a contract or an agreement.
You have to buy a piece of Dvd you are not going to watch to be allowed to perform a trick? That is just... the product of the gastrointestinal tract of a bull!

THe only thing you can do as a creator to prevent tricks from being revealed online , is, hoping your trick does not get revealed. or, make it impossible to figure it out, which is ....magic!

I am not saying you are ethically allowed (in my opinion) to copy tricks and claim them as your own...No, ofcourse you can not. But, you can give the creator some credits when it is necessary.
And, if you want to be safe, publish a performance as a "variation" on the trick.

this is getting a long post. and I could talk about this for a long time. but lets be serious.
T11 is limiting Pedro's freedom by telling him he can't perform something. But since they haven't taken any measures (yet), they are just powerplaying.

If Pedro is in a rebellious mood, I suggest him to post a video under the name, Vertigo.
To show T11 they doesn't have power, since they don't. Do they?
MeandmagiC is offline   Reply With Quote