Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
Richard
Product manager

The "friend or co worker" example was just one of the things I had to correct him on. As for this specific subject, Jonathan indeed seemed to be biased. But after over twenty years of experience, I personally think he should have known better and not make false assumptions making himself look like 'the good guy' and us like 'the bad ones'. After performing magic for many years I think he should be able to tell the difference between real and fake audience reactions.

As for the marketing, Jonathan his YouTube public consists of other magicians. Therefore, I do not think it is a bad thing that he sells and promotes those magic tutorials, but then there also is no reason for hiding all the bad and constructive commentary, and certainly not to behave like a know-all in private messages. Truly no person in the world can be correct on everything or should even think they could.

I just hope this thread could function as a good lesson. Youngsters may actually look up to Jonathan and copy his behavior because they think it is part of the business while it is not. Taking criticism and respecting feedback really is though.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote