Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Marketer > Broadcast Yourself
Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #21
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

How about leaving the joker the same in all aspects except for having the second joker holding up a face down brimstone-backed card?

This way, everything is consistent and it really looks as if the card held by the joker turned face up if, for example, you do something like a colour change.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:30 AM   #22
TommySteal
Tom

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
How about leaving the joker the same in all aspects except for having the second joker holding up a face down brimstone-backed card?

This way, everything is consistent and it really looks as if the card held by the joker turned face up if, for example, you do something like a colour change.
Cool idea
TommySteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:29 AM   #23
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

Donor Score: 50
User channel on YouTube

Yeah man, I get my unemployment check(insert sadface here) in a few days, and I'll gladly pay the 10 dollars to grab 2 of these decks, but I'd really want the jokers to be absolutely identical with exception of the reveal, otherwise im not entirely sure if i'd pledge it. <---- that sounds kinda mean lol sorry but its kinda a dealbreaker for me tbh =)
Travmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:30 AM   #24
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

nice jokers, fell in love with them the moment i saw them
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #25
RWKercheval

Updated... your wish is my command.
RWKercheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #26
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

User channel on YouTube

Sweet! I also hope you added what Albert said about the non-reveal joker holding a facedown card instead of nothing!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #27
Mark

User channel on YouTube

I personally don't mind it if the second Joker doesn't hold up anything at all, actually.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:07 PM   #28
Jordan

User channel on YouTube

That deck looks absolutely amazing! How much would postage be to the UK?
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:58 AM   #29
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

@Mark: well, they ARE called gaffed jokers, so if they don't hold anything... that kinda kill the point...

on second thought, may be Mark is on to something, may be the card being on the guy's wings would be more original( and makes more sense, there isn't really a reason for a bone guy to hold a card...)
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
Old 05-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #30
s13zeTheDay

User channel on YouTube

Looking at the king on the court card, where are his eyes? I know it's supposed to be a skeleton, but skeletons have eye sockets too. It looks a bit weird in its current incarnation.

--Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study In Scarlet
s13zeTheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:21 AM   #31
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

lol, it's RIGHT there, the king is facing a 90 degree angle from your perspective so you should be able to just barely see one eye socket( look really carefully, next to the big diamond, a small black hole is right there on his face)
Old 05-24-2011, 04:58 AM   #32
RWKercheval

Updated joker: They are exactly the same, other than gaff, '3 of clubs'
The face cards have 'appropriate' features of a ghoul, demon or skull

A heads up, these cards ARE going to be made! I'm going to have them printed!

Thanks!

- Russell
Old 05-24-2011, 05:52 AM   #33
s13zeTheDay

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0o9 View Post
lol, it's RIGHT there, the king is facing a 90 degree angle from your perspective so you should be able to just barely see one eye socket( look really carefully, next to the big diamond, a small black hole is right there on his face)
My point is that though it's there in a sliver, whether or not it's anatomically correct (though I still believe that it currently isn't), it looks better with a bigger black hole for the eyes. Even just compare it to the joker head next to it.

Other than that, though, I am excited to see the final result! i already donated for 2 decks

--Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study In Scarlet
s13zeTheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #34
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

User channel on YouTube

Oh wow it jumped from 4,300 to 5,200 dollars in the last 24 hours! When I get paid tomorrow and I pledge 10 dollars do I still get the two decks as advertised?!?!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #35
TommySteal
Tom

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
@Mark: well, they ARE called gaffed jokers, so if they don't hold anything... that kinda kill the point...

on second thought, may be Mark is on to something, may be the card being on the guy's wings would be more original( and makes more sense, there isn't really a reason for a bone guy to hold a card...)
Explain what you mean when you say there isn't really a reason to have a bone guy holding a card. Why would it make more sense to have a card in his wings? Cards are usually held in a hand aren't they? Or if it's the skeleton that's odd..? What does a skeleton have to do with playing cards anyway? I know it's the design, but just thought I'd throw this in.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13zeTheDay View Post
My point is that though it's there in a sliver, whether or not it's anatomically correct (though I still believe that it currently isn't), it looks better with a bigger black hole for the eyes. Even just compare it to the joker head next to it.

Other than that, though, I am excited to see the final result! i already donated for 2 decks
I agree with you on the court card design. Maybe the eye is in the correct postion, but the design isn't aestetically pleasing. If it was possible his head should swivel round to 45 degree angle so you get a glimpse of the other eye too.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #36
RWKercheval

Most faces are the 3/4 view. I probably should have picked one of those to show off my design. Maybe in the coming weeks!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #37
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

@TommySteal: i meant that there is no reason for a bone guy to hold a card his hand( tell me why the devil himself would have a card), i meant the things that makes up the cards( like the suit and number) being on the wings.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #38
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Whoa, things are being taken out of context here. I only said (and meant) that I wouldn't mind it if the second Joker wouldn't hold on to anything as I could think of some neat effects and patters in which a card held face-down by the Joker could only be in the way.

As for the reveal I do like the one joker holding on to the face-up card. Another way could look too gaffy, as if secretely every single card is written on the face and you just point out the spot you want the spectator to look at.

By the way, RWK, congrats on getting them funded!
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #39
TommySteal
Tom

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
@TommySteal: i meant that there is no reason for a bone guy to hold a card his hand( tell me why the devil himself would have a card), i meant the things that makes up the cards( like the suit and number) being on the wings.
Okay, i understand now, but you previous comment seemed over analytical. You ask why the devil would have a card, but never question the sense in having a skeleton with wings. Guess I'm a traditionalist when it comes to playing cards. Like your idea though by subtly blending the suit and value into the wings because if it's almost invisible to the untrained eye, you've got yourself two clean jokers to make sandwiches with and stuff. And then when you do want to use the reveal you can just say to your spectator: "No, no wait, look even closer", and then your spectator will faint due to the name of their card slowly materializing before their very eyes, hopefully.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #40
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

having a skeleton with wings is nothing to fret if you're talking about demons so i didn't bother questioning it. and Mark, i think the way i phrased my sentence kinda made you misunderstood... but it's hard to say exactly what i meant so let's just leave it there

Tags
brimstone, card, custom, deck, poker