Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Marketer > Magic Which?
Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
MysteryHand
Card Player with Mystery

User channel on YouTube
Default Lee Asher - Catch 33

Hi guys,

I want to share my experience with you about Lee Asher’s Catch 33: Three Card Monte. If you don’t know anything about this fun routine then find it on Lee’s website: http://www.leeasher.com/store/online...s/catch33.html

It’s been about 2 months since I started studying Catch 33 and I’ve been taking notes about my progress. Below are some of my experiences with Catch 33 so far. With each performance, I learned a great deal about timing and psychology. Plus I got better and better.

Performance #1

I was nervous and fear that I won’t remember the correct movement of the trick because I just learned it 2 days before. And yes, I didn’t remember the correct actions haha I still did the whole routine, peeked the card sometimes to make sure that I’m OK. After all, I still succeeded with the trick. Spectators (my family) were amazed at how they chose the wrong card each time, and how the corner changed so magically.

Performance # 3

I felt a little more confident than last few times. I still made some wrong actions but less than the previous performances. The spectator’s reaction (a girl) was the same as my family. I think she was fooled. Well, she was fooled but it wasn’t perfect and I didn’t perform the trick smoothly. I need more practice.

Performance #6

I thought I’m good with the trick now so I went out, found a group, and performed. This time, many guys had very good vision. They see my secret moves, but thanks to Lee’s advice about when someone picks the right card, everything turned out alright. They watched me very carefully during the last phase (Ripped). After taking a deep breath, I did the switch. No one saw anything! In the end, everyone was amazed.
This time was quite hard and felt like I almost failed. I need more practice.

Performance #10

After 2 months of practicing and earning all that experience from the previous performances, I went to a magic meeting in Ho Chi Minh City. I told everybody to gather around the table, and I performed the Three Card Monte.

This time, I felt SUPER confident with the moves and my presentation. It was very smooth, neat, and everything went according to plan. Some of them knew about Three Card Monte so they wanted to catch the right card, but Lee’s special techniques described his ebook are different from what everyone has learned from the Internet, YouTube, etc. They couldn’t follow the right card, felt fooled and some of them were mad they couldn’t catch me! Everyone was amazed about the final phase ( I think that’s the most impressive of Lee’s routine).

After this performance, lots of magicians asked me what that trick was called, could I teach them, and where I learned it from. I was very popular that day!

That’s the story of my road to success with Catch 33. I guarantee if you guys are bored with the ordinary Three Card Monte routines out there and want to find something great, then Lee Asher’s Catch 33: Three Card Monte is my number one recommendation for you.

Magically,
Kenny

P/S: BTW, Lee also has many practical, nice techniques, effects like Thunderbird, Pulp Friction, Losing Control… I recommend you check out those things.

***If you guys want to know about my road to succeed Thunderbird and Pulp Friction. Please give me a comment
MysteryHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #2
maenk
The N00b

User channel on YouTube

Since u showed me this wonderful magician,he has become one of my favourites.His imagination has no limits.Still perfectioning the asher twist Oh,and btw,how is easier to learn moves:training by oneself or in front of the audience?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
MysteryHand
Card Player with Mystery

User channel on YouTube

You must absolutely perform in front of audiences to improve the trick, your presentation !
MysteryHand is offline   Reply With Quote