Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
King Johnny

Cool grow up

Dont you think alot of what you guys are saying is judgemental and considered "hate"? To follow his videos and be critical, is what you all consider hate. Time to move on to performing people. There are far better ways to spend your time. I come back here after all this time to find people using my name again. I guess you guys never learn. Yes, me and Jonathan Kamm say alot of the same things, because as I said before-we are workers-most of you are not. Also, Albert, for you to say working behind a camera is any comparison to a real performance is just foolish. Get real. Oh yea, Mark-I still dont see any performance videos from you,and Im not talking street magic,Im talking in front of a audience.(here's the face you always use...)
King Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Johnny View Post
f you are not. Also, Albert, for you to say working behind a camera is any comparison to a real performance is just foolish. Get real.
I am getting as real as possible. I've been performing practically every single day (Except for weekends) for all 4 years of my high school through lunch breaks and after school as well. I've performed in countless parties and meetings (of course, with an exception of bar/restaurants; saying it now so you won't make false claims and statements like last time,calling me a liar.

And you know what I found? With hours of practice and the confidence you build up on yourself, I found it to be absolutely easy to perform for spectators. Of course, getting your patter work takes more effort. But I love interacting with them and just showing them my best magic possible because I know I can do it. I can use all the necessary misdirection in the world and they can laugh and have a blast. You can't do that through camera. Try making people laugh and actually enjoying their life through camera. You will find how hard it is to:
1) Make them smile and legitimately laugh,
2) To hide your moves completely so that replays become useless (i.e. to fool other magicians completely);
3) To apply surroundings to make the entertainment that much stronger.

Maybe this sort of explains how I view the consequences of video performances.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
tzihb

User channel on YouTube

Oh man, come on. Serious?
He has uploaded a new Video, calling this site “a hater forum”, created for hating. I'm not a hater and honestly I think you guys either. There was just a disagreement between him and this forum. It is degenerated, of course, but he has generalized everything. Haters hate without a reason. Also, why has he made this video? I think he needs agreement. Maybe not. I don't know.

Jonathan, if you read this, you will probably think I am a hater. I'm not. I subsribed to your channel because I want to see magic and not to read about your “haters”. This is not ok.

Just my opinion
tzihb is offline   Reply With Quote