Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
MarkoViner

Default Spectators

Hello, I'm fairly new to magic (6 - 7 months). I have been performing street magic for about a month or two. Now in these days of experience, I have figured something funny about spectators. Large amount of spectators are very interested in things you have to say, they want to hear the story you can tell for the trick your performing and everyone is having fun. Tho I have found a small amount of spectators who don't like this kind of thing, they are more straight to the point kind of thingy... In other words let's say you are doing the triumph... You start introducing the trick like Dai Vernon said ( talking about the guy who take the deck and shuffled it face up and face down ) and I started talking they were like yeah yeah get on the point already. And when I showed the final effect their reactions were like... meh that's ok... But then I tried a different angle so I didn't do tell stories and I was straight to the point. And I got a better reaction, so is it just me or is this how sometimes spectators think?
MarkoViner is offline   Reply With Quote