Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
Kieran Oloughlin

Default I found a clipshift tutorial (I am not exposing just read if you do not belive me)

I recently bought surfaced by chad nelson so that I could learn the clipshift. I have been really struggling with it and so I thought there was no harm others on youtube for some tips.

I eventually encounted some tutorials but they where so bad that if the person watching wnated to learn the clipshift enough they would go out and buy surfaced.

THen I found one... One that was actually well good. Now I am a little annyoed that they are going and revealing the clipshift but even though I have the dvd this tutorial was actually helpful and cleared some things up.

So yeah I jst wanted to say this and has anyone here every found a free online magic tutorial that taught a trick from a book or dvd you owned and actually helped?
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

People tell me that all the time with my tutorials xD Not to be egotistic or anything haha

But those kinds are really rare. Most tutorial are taught by either:
1) People trying to be teachers without being a student first
2) People just telling you the steps (no know-hows or secret advice)
3) People who teach it wrong because they learned it wrong from another person who learned it wrong or didn't understand the move properly (that was confusing )

But I personally never found a tutorial that was actually "helpful" due to the reasons above.
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

yea, i saw a CS tutorial on YT as well... the rest of them were joke videos or something and i enjoyed some of them. None of the sleight tutorials on YT actually helped me much( sr to say this Albert, but neither were some of yours...), most of them simply brought me to the point where i know what the secret is and need to practice it, and the rest didn't even got me to understanding the secret so...

but then again, i don't really check out tutorials after i went through the DVDs i got because i'm such a genius( jk! XD)
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
s13zeTheDay

User channel on YouTube

You guys should check out Themagicsession.com. It's a place for magicians to chat, hang out, and learn. Every week they have jam sessions and lectures, and have had people like Chad Nelson (who taught the clipshift free), Eric Jones, and Aaron Fisher.

--Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study In Scarlet
s13zeTheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0o9 View Post
yea, i saw a CS tutorial on YT as well... the rest of them were joke videos or something and i enjoyed some of them. None of the sleight tutorials on YT actually helped me much( sr to say this Albert, but neither were some of yours...), most of them simply brought me to the point where i know what the secret is and need to practice it, and the rest didn't even got me to understanding the secret so...

but then again, i don't really check out tutorials after i went through the DVDs i got because i'm such a genius( jk! XD)
Haha! No problem!

It's not like I'm a master or anything so that's completely fine xD
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote