Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
Kieran Oloughlin

I curious.
DO not take this in any wrong way, but how do you know he is not using your method? I do not know the guy or watched many of his videos but how do you know he is using gimmicksor dups?
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Oloughlin View Post
I curious.
DO not take this in any wrong way, but how do you know he is not using your method? I do not know the guy or watched many of his videos but how do you know he is using gimmicksor dups?
I have only personally watched jumpgate, MTL, and confidential. I don't know the complete methods for jumpgate so I cant really say anything about that. Same with MTL. But as for confidential, if you have some experience using special or gimmick cards, it can be quite noticeable. I won't mention which cards though.

Also, a person who really understands a move can see through one's handling of the move. For example, you would generally know when which fingers should be moving where, where rests or pauses may be, etc. This is more so if you have practically mastered the move. So, a person who just learned a move may not catch a professional performing the move.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Also, a person who really understands a move can see through one's handling of the move. For example, you would generally know when which fingers should be moving where, where rests or pauses may be, etc. This is more so if you have practically mastered the move. So, a person who just learned a move may not catch a professional performing the move.
+1

(Un)fortunately, that's the same reason why many magicians can't spot my moves. However, in my case they are missing things and in Venci's case there is absolutely no space or finger positioning to perform the actual sleights, nor sleights that actually come close.

On top of that, you can see where the cards are coming from. If a selection is coming from a position it couldn't have been located at (f.i. from the top and there was absolutely no control to the top as the magician kept it all uncovered), you can tell that it's a dup.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote