Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > News
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13zeTheDay
The one comment I have (I can't comment on the VAT because I live in the US) is that the recent physical order I placed did seem to have a relatively large shipping charge as compared to other magic retailers. I usually only buy downloads there though, so shipping is for the most part not a problem.
Shipping charges at these kind of commercial magic sellers (Theory11, Ellusionist) are indeed pretty high. I guess they also added charges for their service to the shipping costs, rather than just to their products.

For a brick of playing cards, Ellusionist charges me $33.25 and Theory11 charged me $25.52, yet at Ellusionist I wouldn't have to pay those additional costs because these are included in advance and at T11 I ended up paying $55.50 for the shipping. That is more than the brick of decks is even worth!

It's funny that Theory11 also gives an option of a shipping charge of $109.02. Not even Bill Gates would ever think of paying that much for it. Maybe if Mr Kenner would come bring the brick to me personally, but that's not the case.. and I think I'd have to pay a whole lot more taxes then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMisdirectingHand
Maybe you should try buying in lower quantities each time?
Shouldn't make a difference because the overall value is still the same (that's at least how it works over here). Plus, at eBay I still pay a maximum of $22.95 for the shipping + VAT charges of two bricks of decks from the US. I would've won about $15 on the cheapest related eBay item if the T11 package didn't have the extra cost added.. but now I lost $15.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote