Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Theatre > The Concert Hall
Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Thanks y'all!! Very glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0o9 View Post
if you choose to do music for the show, wouldn't you have to stick to it the whole time?( my point, isn't magic a slightly better choice? or do you have more confidence in your music?)

Actually, analyzing Got Talent shows, there is much more future in music acts than in magic ones, especially in the Dutch version of the show (boy, would I have loved to live in Sweden). The idea for our piano/surprise act was already 1.5 years old. Last year we couldn't join because Joris (the other guy) had his finals, so we decided to do it this year instead.

Unfortunatly, in case of magic, it's not so much about talent. This year, the only magic act that went through to the liveshows was a group of girls, coached by the most famous Dutch female illusionist Sittah. I can't say that there was much talent in their act (nor in the acts of other magicians/illusionists that were broadcasted and got three yeses from the jury, to be honest) but those girls only got through because of their image: "The Angels: The Pussycat Dolls of Magic".

I was actually thinking of joining with a magic act next year, but seeing the way those acts are judged there just isn't much future in it. I don't feel like doing an on-the-table, gambler kind of thing (to actually show off talent) and I respect Charlie Caper too much to rip off his act or style too.

Our jury consists of a professional dancer/cheographer and two singers, one who is great at judging instrumental music. No magic or circus experts whatsoever. Plus, I already got a piano act ready (ask Albert, it rocks ) so I'll probably be doing that one.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote