Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
Des

Default Sandwiches

I just wanted to start a conversation about one of the oldest and (in my humble opinion) coolest plots in card magic: the 'Sandwich'.
The reason I love this plot so is because there's so much room for creativity and personilization in both their creation and performance. Some of my favorites are 'The Sculpture', 'Betwixt' (both Helder Guimaraes), 'Slow-Motion Portal' (Albert ), 'Sandwitches', 'Interception' (Mark ), etc. Just look (if you haven't seen them, WATCH THEM) at how unique and just plain creative each of these routines are. And you can blend sandwiches (lol, "blend sandwiches"?) with other plots, too, like Collectors (Dorian Rhodell's 'Finders Keepers'), Transposition (Mark's 'Wild Sandwich'), and so on and so forth.
So what do you guys think? What are some of your favorites? Do you like 'Sandwich' effects? Do you perform them? Create them?
Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
TommySteal
Tom

User channel on YouTube

Hi Des. Me too. Love a good sandwich, and I've seen most of the ones you mentioned. I don't know the correct name for it but Helder's "crime trick" is ace, as is Eric Jones' "Ishkabbible". Currently I'm practicing "Search and destroy". It's an independent variation utilizing a certain false shuffle so as not to perform a cull because I suck. I also want to keep it as clean as possible so I can focus more on the performance side of things, though I still haven't come up with any decent ideas...
Old 02-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Exscaly

I really love Sandwiches too! The plot behind them is just so nifty. Anyways, I like doing a blend of a Sandwich and a Triumph routine that I saw on Andyfield's channel. That one gets really huge reactions. Ishkabibble is also very nice. I haven't seen many of those you named Des, I'll be sure to check them out
Exscaly is offline   Reply With Quote