Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Marketer > The Store
Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Admin

User channel on YouTube
Product 'Automated ACAAN' by Mystery Mark (Cards+Video Download, 2012)

'Automated ACAAN' by Mystery Mark

Standard price: $17.50
If you aren't a member yet, register for free and get active in the forums to get special discounts.
In case PayPal and its payment methods are no option for you, you may want to have a look at our alternative payment options.

The spectator selects any playing card and number, and will find their card at the selected position in the deck. Mystery Mark's 'Automated ACAAN' is a completely self-working take on the 'Any Card At Any Number' plot and takes fully place in the spectator's hands. Once prepared, it is instantly performable and repeatable. On top of that, you will get to learn some variations, as well as some uncommon sleights you can use along with other card tricks.

Both the card and number are selected using the deck with any of the included 'ACAAN cards'. Also, be aware that the 'Automated ACAAN' is a unique combination of principles that have been used by magicians for decades. Because of that, it may not be a magicians fooler, but is very workable and solid on laymen nonetheless. Some of the additional principles can actually be used to fool magicians as well for that these are very rare and have been overlooked by most.

What you will need
  • A full deck of playing cards.

What you will get
  • Offline performance rights, allowing you to perform the included routines anywhere except for in videos (so not in YouTube videos, TV broadcasts, etc);
  • Six factory-made 'ACAAN cards' which make this effect possible. These card designs are protected and may only be reproduced by DarkSleightZ;
  • 'Stack cards' related to the 'ACAAN cards' (including the Si Stebbins in CHaSeD/SHoCkeD, the Mnemonica, and a Modified Si-5);
  • A downloadable instructional video.

What you will learn
  • The standard 'Automated ACAAN' routine (utilizing any of the included stacks);
  • 'Automated ASAAN': an 'Any Soulmate At Any Number' routine (utilizing the included Si-5 stack);
  • 'No SAAN', a 'No Soulmate At Any Number' kicker effect in which the card the spectator is looking for ends up in any impossible location (utilizing the included Si-5 stack);
  • 'Almost Automated ASAAN': how to perform the 'Automated ASAAN' effect with a truly shuffled deck. This is the closest you can get to the 'Automated ACAAN' with a shuffled deck of cards.;
  • Cut forces, full deck false shuffles and other techniques and principles you will be able to use in any of your other card magic.

Sections
1) Introducing The Automated ACAAN
2) Automated ACAAN, Automated ASAAN & No SAAN
3) Handling The ACAAN Cards
4) Personalization
5) Modified Si-5 Stack & False Shuffles
6) Almost Automated ACAAN (The Almost Automated ASAAN Routine)

Magic specifications
PropsPlaying cards
CleanNo
ImpromptuYes
No pre-workNo
Instantly repeatableYes
AnglesAngle-proof
Sound level1
Performance levelBeginner
Tutorial levelBeginner
Click here for more information on specifications.

Technical specifications
MediumVideo
Duration1:43:28
Resolution640x360 pixels (Medium Quality)
Size698 MB
Tutorial file formatMOV (H.264/AAC)
Archive file formatZIP
Click here for more information on specifications.

Credits
Mark HilkemeijerInstructor/Editor/Music producer/Executive producer

Standard price: $17.50
If you aren't a member yet, register for free and get active in the forums to get special discounts.
In case PayPal and its payment methods are no option for you, you may want to have a look at our alternative payment options.

Copyright ©2012 DarkSleightZ - It's eS productions. All Rights Reserved.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
stem

mmmm.. in the name of thread: cards+VIDEO DOWNLOAD
why is there a shipping cost? thanks
stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #3
Admin

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by stem View Post
mmmm.. in the name of thread: cards+VIDEO DOWNLOAD
why is there a shipping cost? thanks
Because of the cards (which should not be misunderstood with a deck of playing cards because it isn't). As mentioned, these make the effect possible.

Hope that clears it up.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
stem

aaaah ok
stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
The_Logical_Magician

User channel on YouTube

How is this impromptu if it requires special cards???
The_Logical_Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
Admin

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Logical_Magician View Post
How is this impromptu if it requires special cards???
It is impromptu because you can perform it anywhere at anytime and it is instantly repeatable. All you have to do is carry an 'Automated ACAAN' card along with your deck and you are all set. Or you do the taught version that you can perform with any truly shuffled deck of cards as these don't need anything but a deck of cards.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
mrtrickzstar

User channel on YouTube

Mark, what do you consider as "impromptu"? I have seen before that this is kind of different according to each magician. For example, you said in one of your videos that one should always carry around a different coloured card, so therefore it is impromptu.
mrtrickzstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
Fin

User channel on YouTube

This looks great, and the demo Mark gave me backs that up!
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtrickzstar View Post
Mark, what do you consider as "impromptu"? I have seen before that this is kind of different according to each magician. For example, you said in one of your videos that one should always carry around a different coloured card, so therefore it is impromptu.
There are three definitions of impromptu really, the literal way as mentioned in the dictionary, the term as used in 'impromptu magic', and the term as a marketing term. The first is the most flexible, the last is the most solid, for obvious reasons.

Literally
"Made, done, or formed on or as if on the spur of the moment." So if someone tells you to show them a trick and you perform any, even if it requires a special prop you just happen to have on you at that moment, this would be considered impromptu. If you take a coin, put this in your fist and ask people what they want to see happen, and they will say "Make it vanish", you making the coin disappear would be impromptu too.

Impromptu magic
This is magic that can be done anywhere at anytime, with the props available at the situation. If you perform at a party where there happen to be balloons, and you decide to perform what is known as 'Pressure' nowadays, that is considered to be impromptu magic. Same with a coin through glass effect done with borrowed items.

Marketing term
This is the most solid definition for that people have to understand its definition when buying anything. As posted by Admin, it is any effect that can be performed anywhere at anytime and which is instantly repeatable.

A good example of this is the 'Invisible Deck', which by all means is considered to be impromptu (just not clean). Any set-up deck trick in which the setup is not ruined is considered to be impromptu as well. A gimmicked or gaffed card that you carry along in your deck at all times is too. And so is the 'Automated ACAAN'.

As you can see, there is not all that much to it and all of the meanings have huge overlaps. Any company that twists the definition to use it merely to make their tricks look more attractive than they really are, and who says the definition is actually something personal, is terribly wrong. It is for that, that theory11 had to remove the statement of that 'GPS' by Chris Kenner is impromptu.

Then again, the latter way is merely required for marketing anything. You can use the term as loosely as in the literal meaning of the word, but almost every effect could be performed in an impromptu manner and thus be called as such. For that, it would be irresponsible for companies to use it that way.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
MysteryHand
Card Player with Mystery

User channel on YouTube

This is a wonderful trick mark ! Welcome back to your awesome stuff hehe :"> GO TO SKYPE MARK !!! LOL
MysteryHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
Des

@@#&%$#! I feel so bad about leaving this site for such a long time, but now I'm back, and its better than ever! You guys are great, new store design, more practical magic coming out by the minute! Man, this is so great!!!
Quick question, though, those releases you talked about in one of the 'Store' threads, like Jewel-cased and Confusion, are they on the way? Or will there be more releases in between? Or can you not tell? (Okay, three questions )
Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
Mark

User channel on YouTube

'Confusion' was discussed in 'Instantaneous' and will be in an upcoming Mystery Session along with another kind of effect as well. As for 'Jewel-cased', we have too many products planned before that one to say whether it will ever be released. Some of the other previously listed effects will be in Mystery Session too, or else come out whenever all of the DVDs and Sessions have been produced.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #13
Des

Oh yeah, I remember Confusion. The wording kind of threw me off.
One more question, purely out of curiosity: Is one of the false shuffles on the Automated ACAAN DVD the one you showed me on Skype, or similar to it? Because if they're all as awesome as that then..... damn.
Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #14
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des View Post
Oh yeah, I remember Confusion. The wording kind of threw me off.
One more question, purely out of curiosity: Is one of the false shuffles on the Automated ACAAN DVD the one you showed me on Skype, or similar to it? Because if they're all as awesome as that then..... damn.
No idea which I showed you, but they are likely just as awesome as I use each one of them.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #15
mrtrickzstar

User channel on YouTube

thank you fro these definitions, know I know impromptu and clean are the best combination!
mrtrickzstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #16
MysteryHand
Card Player with Mystery

User channel on YouTube

Have you put the tutorial video on itestore ?
MysteryHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #17
Admin

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryHand View Post
Have you put the tutorial video on itestore ?
The instructional video will be available one of these days. It should be on there before or at the moment the package is received by the first people.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #18
maenk
The N00b

User channel on YouTube

Do I have to memorize the deck to do this ACAAN?It says something about mnemonica,and I`m not good memorizing
Old 12-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #19
Admin

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by maenk View Post
Do I have to memorize the deck to do this ACAAN?It says something about mnemonica,and I`m not good memorizing
Don't worry, no stack memorization is needed at all. We have just included that stack for those who use it and wish to do the 'Automated ACAAN' with it as well.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #20
tzihb

User channel on YouTube

Soo.. Honestly, when will the instructional video be available? I am usually quite patient, but I feel like you are kidding me
tzihb is offline   Reply With Quote