Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #21
TheMisdirectingHand
David Nguyen

User channel on YouTube

Mark's definitely is cleaner. What if the card was never meant to be seen? Using Kamm's method, it would not be able to go into the middle facedown.

•People who talk and never do: The Lower Class

•People who talk and do at the same time: The Middle Class

•People who do before they ever talk: The Upper Class

A real man does not need to talk. We are the upper class."

-Joseph Lau
TheMisdirectingHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #22
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0o9 View Post
If the way the "Spring" and the "Sprink" work is the very same as Albert's "P-application"( i'm not sure what that stands for, but i could only think of one way you could use the repulse control to get the end result of Mark's video), than Kam's might be better. Then again, after watching the performance again, i think that Mark's is still cleaner.
That's interesting to hear
I would like to hear more. I do think that the Sprink control could have its uses sometimes, such as for a transposition of some kind or something. But other than that, it's nothing great. Just as Jonathan said, it's just another arsenal in your repertoire.

But seeing Jonathan's sprink, I figured out where the card went and how it was controlled to the top, although I can't completely state the method in how he got card in the position to spring it since you can see it flash a bit.
So the concept is similar, but different than mine. Mark's might be similar to mine since he knew exactly how my version was accomplished before I even mentioned the "p-application" since he knows all about the repulse.

Oh, and just to say, if you were thinking that the card was controlled to the top and then sprung, then that's wrong. Both Mark's and mine works in a way that the card is controlled to the top while the springing happens. But of course, that's assuming I REALLY know how Mark's works
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:47 AM   #23
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

i kinda understand how you could spring the card with the card in repulse position, but if the same thing is used with Mark's version, i can't imagine a way to do it, even if it's a "flashy" attempt
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:18 AM   #24
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0o9 View Post
i kinda understand how you could spring the card with the card in repulse position, but if the same thing is used with Mark's version, i can't imagine a way to do it, even if it's a "flashy" attempt
Oh the card isn't in the repulse position but rather the repulse is used to get it to the needed position
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote