Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
Mark

User channel on YouTube
Warning Flatline Magic (flatlinemagic.com) Exposed

This will be the first (and hopefully only) time a company that did not yet get launched will be exposed in here. For a very good reason.

In about 9 hours from now, a new magic company called Flatline Magic will be launched. It's run by Adam Rose (CEO/Founder), John Stessel (Creative Executive), Mark Zellinger (PR/Marketing), Cody Nottingham (Recruiting/Advisor) and Brian Zellinger (Webmaster), so said "over 100 years of magic experience and all published magicians with companies such as Ellusionist, Vanishinginc, TheBlueCrown, Papercrane, Paul Harris and Magic magazine".

Now this is a problem we eventually would run into with every magician in the world starting up their own magic production companies without doing enough research, rushing everything in the process and making the art a lot more commercial than necessary:

You see it correctly: at the time of posting this, the company's file sharing folder is publicly available. All files including raw footage of tutorials they will be selling can be downloaded freely. The link to the folder has been spread around for the past hour, as well as the link to their upcoming website.

How unprofessional. I would like to thank them for the free stuff though (not that I would have bought any of it, but still.. it's worth $66.96 so I appreciate that.. and I'm sure all 20+ people who downloaded it in time do too). Definitely the worst company start-up ever, if it even is a company because they may as well have not been registered.

Guys of Flatlinemagic, if I can give you any advice, you better stick to the companies you used to publish your tricks with before because unlike you, they know what they are doing.

P.S.: To add to the unprofessionalism, they make use of use a shared host. There is no way to store and share 6.15 GB of files on a such a server properly. Oh oh oh.

P.P.S.: Read more here.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote