Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 09-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
MeandmagiC

User channel on YouTube

sounds like a big commercial based, rubbish thing to me.
it its gonna work, its gonna work for 2 months, then everybody leaves it, or there will be many rubbish videos on it, causing an overflow, and losing the logic in it. they need to come up with a superawesome browsing system that will never fail, because they will not end up "feeding" you, but people will end up "feeding" them, with videos. So it is all gonna end up in one big mess where you search for an original, well-performed idea or concept.

my question is though, is there a quality check? (maybe by Theory11? I am not saying they can check REAL quality )
otherwise, you may end up paying ten bucks for some rubbish :O

Off topic:
http://www.theory11.com/wire/calen-morelli/scribble-30/

with rubbish, I mean something like this.... come on, I thought of that when I got my first w**** xD
MeandmagiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeandmagiC View Post
my question is though, is there a quality check? (maybe by Theory11? I am not saying they can check REAL quality )
otherwise, you may end up paying ten bucks for some rubbish :O
There is not. You can set the price yourself to whatever you like. Sure they might tell you that it doesn't seem worth it but if you want to have it published, they will... unless there is a legal reason not to. That is, according to what Zach said in this week's Insider.

I think that if people feel the need to sell crap, you should have them do that themselves rather than supporting them in doing so.

Quote:
Off topic:
http://www.theory11.com/wire/calen-morelli/scribble-30/

with rubbish, I mean something like this.... come on, I thought of that when I got my first w**** xD
Rick Merrill won't be happy with that product. It's something he does all the time.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
MeandmagiC

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Rick Merrill won't be happy with that product and he has all reasons to not be happy with it. It's something he does all the time.
ah well, knowing the secret is one thing, performing it well is another :P
I think this is something everyone can come up with,
did Rick sell it?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
ah well, knowing the secret is one thing, performing it well is another :P
I think this is something everyone can come up with,
did Rick sell it?
Rick basically won the FISM with it (he didn't put this particular effect in the FISM-routine but I know he has performed it and all the required techniques were still used in the FISM-routine). He didn't sell it but he still performs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMagicITellYou View Post
but it took them 4 years [apparently] to develop this. they would have thought of all the flaws and issues and thats probably why it took so long to come to fruition. Obiv its not gonna be perfect, but i think it has a really good chance.
For four years of development, there still are some major flaws that need to be sorted out, i.e. the big 'Search for an Artist'-bar. Seems like they should've waited another year, lol.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
MeandmagiC

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
For four years of development, there still are some major flaws that need to be sorted out, i.e. the big 'Search for an Artist'-bar. Seems like they should've waited another year, lol.
Yes indeed,
I tried to search for names, but it seems you nneed to fill in his/her complete name!
that is really useless, its not a search engine, its a find engine....