Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #21
CrazyInMagic

Mr. Miller, you have made the review prettier than it was. Not just by editing out the line and adding that it was from a customer, but also by leaving out Brandon’s editing notes (which were a bit more critical even though there also were quite a few more positive things included). And don’t say you copied and pasted the review before he put that in, because that is simply not true. Truth is you sent Brandon the video links for S.U.D. for a review and that he had not purchased it when leaving the review. So even if he purchased anything afterwards, the review itself is not by a customer.

I truly believe you are as dangerous as few others out there. Okay, maybe not as much as that one person you just posted about, although that one might have said it as a figure of speech in that "God" wouldn’t tell him to do such things for "He is all-loving". I honestly don’t know the context. However, I do know you have blocked people for posting far less disturbing things, even things that had nothing to do with beliefs.

In my honest opinion, the way you treat people including your customers, keeping yourself just a following that treats you as their messiah for they believe and support every single things you say or do even when you are knowingly not talking facts, is rather worrying.

Also, point proven on the use of bad language? Thanks, I guess.
CrazyInMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #22
jmastonishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyInMagic View Post
Mr. Miller, you have made the review prettier than it was. Not just by editing out the line and adding that it was from a customer, but also by leaving out Brandon’s editing notes (which were a bit more critical even though there also were quite a few more positive things included). And don’t say you copied and pasted the review before he put that in, because that is simply not true. Truth is you sent Brandon the video links for S.U.D. for a review and that he had not purchased it when leaving the review. So even if he purchased anything afterwards, the review itself is not by a customer.

I truly believe you are as dangerous as few others out there. Okay, maybe not as much as that one person you just posted about, although that one might have said it as a figure of speech in that "God" wouldn’t tell him to do such things for "He is all-loving". I honestly don’t know the context. However, I do know you have blocked people for posting far less disturbing things, even things that had nothing to do with beliefs.

In my honest opinion, the way you treat people including your customers, keeping yourself just a following that treats you as their messiah for they believe and support every single things you say or do even when you are knowingly not talking facts, is rather worrying.

Also, point proven on the use of bad language? Thanks, I guess.
You are seriously diluted. You have NO idea who I am or what I am about. Keep judging, enjoy that life.
And I will keep creating, powerful and life changing magic, and you can keep talking about me, which ultimately helps me, so thank you.
JM
jmastonishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #23
ouncesmusic

User channel on YouTube

People are obsequious.

"No pressure, no diamonds."
Thomas Carlyle. Philosopher, 1795-1881

"I believe that true focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity."
Charles Xavier
ouncesmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #24
CrazyInMagic

Mr. Miller, to address your concern, I know you are all about..
..thinking you are always right;
..continuously making promises you will not, do not and cannot live up to;
..contradicting yourself;
..not being able to empathise;
..treating customers and supporters terribly whenever they (usually for all the right reasons) say they are disappointed or argue with your practices even just a little bit;
..regularly spreading lies as facts, even after people have told and shown you these things are incorrect;
..not being able to argue with anyone properly for you end up calling names and use inappropriate attacks that have nothing to do with the arguments or with anything related;
..not being able to apologise or not being able to apologise properly about any of the previous at times apologising is the very least to be done.

Unfortunately each of those things are supported by several different occasions and thus are actual facts. Factually that makes you a narcissistic, irresponsible, unreliable and communicatively weak person with a god complex. At least on the internet.

Being as proud about that as you are, you might as well put that in your bio, but instead you may as well just reconsider your actions and maybe even be thankful someone cares and worries about you and your actions as much as some people do. And in case you think I wouldn’t say any of the above privately or in real life, I actually would and will. Word for word.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #25
CrazyInMagic

It’s amazing to see what passes by when being subscribed to Mr. Miller’s Facebook and YouTube RSS feeds. After my previous post, I saw him post this on his Facebook:

Quite a senseless lie. He was not looking for reviews, he was merely checking out this forum and thread. It got me very suspicious so when I saw this discussion pass by last night I had to urge to check whether Mr. Miller was actually telling LeDiableBlanck and Philafxs the truth regarding his "420 Project" or not. So I did. To be completely fair I went over absolutely everything he said.

Quote:
Lediable, Your history of that is wrong. Myself and Danny Garcia came up with this waaaayyyyy before willam. I first published mine in 2006 in a project called backstage access, garcia was around the same time, again independently created.
JM
Mr. Miller accuses LeDiableBlanck’s "JM’s ACAAN" history of being wrong so what he brings up next would have to be the correct history. There is no evidence that Mr. Miller and Daniel Garcia came up with the "JM’s CAAN" and its concept before William Eston came up with his "Mates Prediction" at all though and this is really just a senseless statement to make. However, we do know the release dates. Mr. Miller’s "420 Project" came out in September 2011 and his "All Access Backstage Pass" was released in April 2008. Even if it would have been released in 2006, William Eston’s "Mates Prediction" was first published by Joshua Jay in the MAGIC Magazine of March 2004 so William Eston definitely was first and deserves some credits regardless of it being independent creations.

Quote:
They are not the same. I know of James Idea, and there are 3 before him that were independently created BEFORE him. Jean Pierre Valarino, Marlo, and charlie miller. My version of those others was independently created and i have some touches on it. But thanks. I do my research. I did not get to where I am by just "putting" stuff out there, without crediting or research.
JM
When comparing James Chadier’s "Rhythm Count" to Mr. Miller’s "JM Count" there are no differences in handling, timing and looks at all, up to the point that even both guys do the count into the spectators’ hands. Also, looking at the "420 Project" there is not a single moment when Mr. Miller credits or mentions James, Jean-Pierre Vallarino, Edward Marlo or Charlie Miller. If he did do his research and was aware of those before "putting" it out there, then why are there no credits?

Quote:
Great question!
Charlie miller, ken krenzell, or Kaufman did NOT create the pass, yet they have their own versions of it, The charlie miller pass, krenzel pass (many many variations if you know krenzels work) and the kaufman pass all have their name in the title. The reason is simple, IF a significant improvement has been added or made to an EXISTING move, that creator has every right to add his/her name to that addition, so that history shows a plethora of ideas on one plot by many magicians. My addition to this is significant because I have added an important beat to the count. Also, if you had the download you would of already know I credit those guys.
Also, you really need to know your history before you "try" and take a more experienced person to task.

JM
It indeed was a good question from Philafxs. But Charlie Miller, Ken Krenzel and Richard Kaufman have not actually named passes after themselves or claimed the "Pass" as a whole. The only new names they have come up with are the "Table Pass", "Krenzel’s Elliot (K-E) Pass" and "Half A Jiggle Pass" and all of those work and look very different than any other pass out there. The "Pass" also is not a move but a principle so it is not defined by any specific look and technique unlike what Mr. Miller calls the "JM Count". But indeed, significant changes have been made to the "Pass" by these three creators. That Mr. Miller is giving three non-existing examples does not really help though.

Mr. Miller then says that his addition to the count is an important beat. Since when is a timing-related change or addition of such significance to get credit for it, let alone to claim and rename the entire move and principle? In the related section or the entire "420 Project" he does not talk about the beat being his addition and absolutely no credits were given in the entire "420 Project" to the people Mr. Miller named in the discussion and said to have given credits to.

Quote:
"what you call the JM count or JM move is actually the Rhythm count. It's pretty bothering that when you put your initials in front of a trick or sleights name it's something that is already out there"

Did you even READ what you wrote. You tried to make a FACTUAL statement on a subject you obviously do not know enough about. By judging wrongly and making a accusation, you then put me in a position to defend my work, I do not like to do that, I am sure you would be a little pissed if you had someone put out MIS-INFORMATION about you and your work, on the internet?
JM
I do agree with Mr. Miller that Philafxs seemed a bit rude at first regardless of the smiley, but Philafxs definitely made factual statements and did not make false accusations. Mr. Miller defended himself with exactly zero facts and of every single thing he said only 20% was true at most, like that it were independent creations (giving him the benefit of the doubt) and the fact that creators have the rights to add their names to significantly changed tricks. Adding your name and giving proper credits in the publications is very different from claiming something in its entirety though.

Even worse is that Mr. Miller literally says the following in another part of the "420 Project":
Quote:
Daniel Garcia has some work on this as well [...] Rafael Benatar has of course some wonderful work on it as well [...] and the first person I saw doing it was Hippie Torrales [...] I just want to give you a little history. I want you to know the history of where this stuff comes from. It’s very important in magic that we understand this kind of stuff.
-Justin Miller
I absolutely agree, yet Mr. Miller didn’t give credits to Edward Marlo who came up with what he talked about, showed and said he saw Hippie Torrales do, and a little later in the "JM Count" section he keeps calling the classic 3-as-4 count the "Elmsley Count" while it is not an Elmsley Count and is not Elmsley’s either. The "Elmsley Count" is a combination of a 4-as-5 count by Eric de la Mare and Edward Victor’s "E-Y-E Count" for the push-off. A 3-as-4 count can by no means be an Elmsley Count or an alternative to it although Mr. Miller seemed and still seems to believe so, saying "elmsley, time to retire" in the description on his product page.

If Mr. Miller truly believes that what he has said is actually the truth, which seems to be the case for he even defended himself with these statements, one after the other being a lie, I am afraid we can hereby correctly diagnose him with confabulation. If he is aware of it all being lies, he is quite a pathological liar. Unfortunately, nothing being wrong with him truly is out of the question now, no matter how objective you would be when looking at this.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #26
9Spades

User channel on YouTube

Sigh - Why do people have to be so nasty to one another? People are always going to take ideas from others and pass them off as their own, add to them, or repackage them to make money. Can you blame them?

Only foolish people spend $40- 60 on a magic DVD when they could have spent $30 on a book that had 100 times more magic in it.

I just sit back and laugh when I see how magic sellers are making careers off of these kids. What's even funnier is how soon the industry will be so saturated that they will have to go back to actually working for a living.

You can only re-sell/re-package something in so many ways. Just look at how many DVDs exist on the classic pass.

As for Mr. Justin Miller - you guys should really just leave him alone. I applaud his success. He obviously has done something right to promote his sales through Ellusionist and his own online site. If you don't like him then don't buy his products.
9Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:53 PM   #27
CrazyInMagic

I agree but I find it more sickening than funny. And this has nothing to do with Mr. Miller’s success but with his attitude and dishonesty like that he is calling out others as liars while he is the biggest liar himself
Old 03-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #28
jmastonishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyInMagic View Post
I agree but I find it more sickening than funny. And this has nothing to do with Mr. Miller’s success but with his attitude and dishonesty like that he is calling out others as liars while he is the biggest liar himself
nanana boo boo.
JM
Old 01-05-2015, 12:43 AM   #29
jmastonishment

What is your real name crazy. I feel crazy just calling you an alias. I mean You know my name? i think it is only fair.
Justin Miller

Tags
behaviour, enduremiller, exposure, justin miller