Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #10
Mark

User channel on YouTube
Default Part 1

I am sure that Richard would reply to this but since he is not online right now I guess I can too since I am the one who asked the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kammagic
The above topic heading is still insulting claiming that I am in some way misbehaving and need to be exposed
There is absolutely no insult in the forum description. That you find it insulting is because you are the person in question. That means that there is no way that you can say if it's a legit description or not.

Quote:
First of all the first sentence suggests that there are possibly hundreds or thousands of people writing in having issues with me. When the reality is probably a handful or even the same people multiple times. This is insulting and meant to make me look like some terrible person. Then Mark is mentioned as having issues with me. What issues? They are not explained so people assume the worst. This is unfair and in result insulting
I believe you totally misread the first sentence. Richard clearly says: "A lot of you apparently wondered about our opinions on Jonathan Kamm and so we started doing research on this magician." There is absolutely nothing bad mentioned nor that anyone who contacted us did mention anything bad. Most of them even didn't. If the outcome of the research would have been positive this would have been a positive thread about you. The fact that I asked Richard to do this is because he was totally unbiased.

I didn't even mention the issues to Richard to be sure he would be doing an honest research. Only when he was done I told him I have had trouble with you and that that was the reason why I actually asked him to do this. When he posted it I told him everything in details. The post is the most honest thing one could get.

Quote:
He insinuates that my Sleight of hand fools layman but its not good enough when compared to other people who have mastered sleight of hand. This is a huge insult and and out right lie. Especially when I have testimonials like the following to back me up.
He insinuates that you are a great magician and definitely good enough to fool your audiences. But when comparing your sleight of hand to the people who have truly mastered those sleights like for instance Akira Fujii on the Pass there is no way to say you are at the same level as for that sleight. Performance-wise I'd say that you are better and teaching-wise you may be better too but that has nothing to do with how good you are on the sleight although all the comments would make one believe so.

Quote:
Actually they hate me because I deleted their comments. Then in anger they accused me of having a bad attitude or that I can't handle criticism. None of which is true and therefor insulting. They feel they can go up to anyone anytime and simple tell them what to do and that person must agree or be labeled with "can't handle criticism" or having "a bad attitude". I simply didn't agree or didn't approve of the comment. If a person feels the need to criticize then they have to be mature and handle the possible rejection of their criticism. If someone rejects your criticism you have no right to complain about it.
No one ever told you what to do. They just made suggestions to make the best out of it. It is obvious that you can't handle criticism and have a bad attitude if you don't approve comments that don't do any harm to your magic or to magic in general. Whenever you'd approve negative comments you'd try to slay them and make yourself look like the best. Then if someone would react to that in a way you don't like as well you don't approve that comment or would try to slay it too. It goes on forever and you keep confirming that you can't actually handle criticism.

Quote:
This is based on Rich assuming he was correct. I believe the discussion was about Marks videos being edited and the fact that he can not perform them live. I have still not seen Mark perform any of his effects live. Therefor my theory is correct until proven it is not. So Rich's claims that I must have the last word are incorrect and therefor insulting. I was merely correct in my assumption of Marks effects and Rich had no proof otherwise.
Even whenever it wasn't about my magic being edited or not Richard had to correct you on other things. I read through all of the messages and it's truly amazing how you think you could just say things without any ground of truth and to get away with it. I already proved myself right. When will you actually prove yourself right on this thread not being the real deal? Your replies only confirm everything. Obviously it's the real deal.

Quote:
Woah! now it's 5 people. You would of had us believe before complaints were "flooding" in. If I am legitimately doing something wrong in my videos the courteous and respectful way to tell me is through private message. Throwing complaints and criticism on someones video is like being at a restaurant and standing up to announce to the entire restaurant that there was a fly in your soup. The proper, respectful way to handle that situation is to take a manager aside quietly and let them know what the problem is. The same with a video if there is a problem you talk to the creator privately. This shows you respect them and are wanting to help them. If you post on the public comments you are wanting to hurt them. I have never gotten good advice through the public comments section. It's always hater nonsense. But I have gotten some good advice privately.
I believe five people actually told us about your criticism handling. This is not even half of the people who contacted us. The rest to be said could be found somewhere above in this post.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with a 20 second introduction. Besides mine was hilarious and most people know how to click past it if they want to. I have videos with longer and shorter introductions it makes no difference. When I watch other peoples videos I am not bothered by long introductions. So my response was correct to the original comment and Rich's assumption that this shows me as not taking criticism well is incorrect and therefor insulting. The original comment was petty but hey if that is all they could find wrong with my video then Im doing a great job.
We have seen a whole lot of comments of people giving constructive feedback on it. You changed it to a shorter introduction for a reason didn't you? Not that you ever publicly agreed with any of the constructive feedback towards it.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote