Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
OliveroG
Marcos Olivero

User channel on YouTube

A nice way to improve in the routines you wanna master is to do Jazz Magic more often (with Jazz Magic i mean improvising in the moment, just like Dani Daortiz normally does) Jazz magic helps you to understand which sleights you master the better (because when you're improvising, by instinct, you don't wanna screw up, so you do what you're confident of), also, Jazz Magic helps you with any kind of pattern because you have to say something while you're doing magic, and as you're not doing something planned, you start to talk and talk.

I started to do Jazz Magic like 6 months ago, now i do it all the time in my non-proffessional acts (pretty much every act i have), i have helped me to put myself in danger, it have gotten me many many ideas of sleights and effects, it have helped me to understand many techniques and it have made me a better magician (when talking about presentation which is the MOST important part of magic, forget about the sleights for a while). If you wanna get better, go out and do some magic after your practice sessions.
OliveroG is offline   Reply With Quote