Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
kammagic
Banned

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Only the last part of the post was really relevant towards the subject. It is and stays a fact that this thread is not about you ruining magic.

I would say you're guilty of unnecessary causing hate rather than filtering comments. The way you filter comments is part of that though. And the more positive comments, the less people will comment negative things. Sometimes it really doesn't make sense. If a video is rated with 22 likes and 19 dislikes and all the shown comments are extremely positive, something must be really wrong.

Frank (MeandmagiC) and I talked about cultural differences on MSN some days ago. It's indeed true that those exist. For instance we are having many more and much more difficult hecklers over here. You can see the impact of TV and online exposure much more than in most other countries and you can see how the way people look at magic tricks changes along with that. Not that it makes it impossible to perform though, but the past few years the audiences have been really changing.

About cultural differences as for having different ideas of what's rude and disrespectful, I really doubt it. Many of the people contacting us live in the US and one of them even in the city nearby you. I have many good friends living in Chicago too and there really isn't much of a cultural difference as for that.

Sure, I'd support you anytime to continue doing magic. There really isn't anything wrong with it nor have we ever said so.

The way to decide wether or not a video is good is watch the video and decide. I never look at comments or ratings. There are no prizes given out. You don't win anything. Comments and ratings don't mean anything. I'm not understanding your obsession with thinking the ratings and comments hold any value. They can say whatever they want about something the only thing that matters is what you think. Do you like my videos? If you do then subscribe. It's that simple.
Luckily a lot of people like my videos.
kammagic is offline   Reply With Quote