Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2011, 01:33 AM   #5
Fin

User channel on YouTube

I have a good collection of coins. If you wanna hook up on webcam and take a look at them I'm sure I could give you some friendly advice.

I started with coin magic several months ago and have medium sized hands. I find the "half dollar" coins are perfect for my hands. In the UK, a 2 pound coin is roughly the same size but is slightly better for palming because it has milled edges which provide better grip. And using coins not of your nationality is no big deal - in fact it provides a point of interest and is often used as a good plot-starter (e.g. copper, silver, brass). Plus many gimmicks are more commonly found in the more common currency, so finding a particular gimmick for a small Australian coin may be tough or even impossible, compared to finding the same gimmick for a similarly sized American coin. It's well worth remembering this if you want your gimmicked coins to blend in with the other ones you are using in your performances.

If you want to be a great coin magician why not start as you mean to go on: Get a Dollar, a Half Dollar, and some smaller coins like cent's/uk 1 pence pieces. Learn to manipulate as many sizes as early as possible and you will surely be doing yourself a favour. But if you are sticking to one coin for now then find the one that is most comfortable in the palm and practice with that.

If you need any advice on where to buy coins or what dvd's are any good gimme a shout

I hope that helps
Fin
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote