Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Magic Which? (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What next? (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=308)

Kieran Oloughlin 06-30-2011 09:00 AM

What next?

Hello.
It is time again when I have enough money for something but I dont nkow what to buy (its going to be magic related though)
I am a collector of dvds, books and downloads that teaches magic so I never run out of stuff to practice and laeanr.

But what should I by next? I was thining maybe the paper engine by aaron fisher but appaerntly the tricks are bad. I was thinking maybe an ed marlo book or a dai vernon book on card magic does anyone have any to reccomend? I am also thinking about expanding my borders of magic a bit so maybe I should buy something that teaches coin magic (I am thinking metal by erik jones). I just dont know. What do you guys think? ANything you would reccomend and is the paper enigne by aaron fisher a good choice to go with?

MarkoViner 06-30-2011 09:22 AM

It's spelled know, learn, Eric Jones, Anything

Depends on what you are looking for. If your looking for good tricks you should buy something from Dai Vernon (he has entertaining scripts for tricks) or from Frank Garcia, if your looking for good moves you should try some of Marlo's books. If your looking for modern moves try "Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher".

Hope I answered all your questions :)

EDIT : Thanks, la0o9

EDIT : Here's a must-have, in your book collection :
  1. "By Forces Unseen" - Ernest Earick
  2. "Stars of Magic"
  3. "M.I.N.T ; volume 1 & 2" - Edward Marlo

la0o9 06-30-2011 12:42 PM

Aaron is correct

you should buy what you want, i think paper engine is good, refer to the earlier posts in the "Magic Which?" section for a review of it

Kieran Oloughlin 07-01-2011 08:05 AM

I am very much thinking about buying the paper engine I probably will unless anyone else tells me something better...

edited 07-06-2011
I bought the paper engine yesterday. Now I have to wait for it to arrive in the post. I am looking foward to it

edited 07-12-2011
My copy of the paper engine arrived today! Looks pretty good.!
Anyway I am thinking of getting into rubber band magic rather than coin I dunno why it just appelase to me a little more.
Does anyone know a good rubber band magic dvd for a begginer.
I obvioulsy wont be buying this for a while as I dont hvae much money after buying the paper eninge and the money I have I am keeping to do stuff with freinds.

So next I will rpobably buy a rubber band magic dvd, anyone know any good ones. Possibly a book but preferably a dvd?

Fin 07-12-2011 06:19 AM

Keep us posted on how this goes dude.. How about a rubber band to playing card, a-la "The Gathering by Jamie Dawes"? :p

Alexander 07-22-2011 12:49 PM

It is a pity you haven't bought Ernest Earick's "By Forces Unseen", this one would get you into practise a LOT. So if you're move monkey, you should definitely get it.

Kieran Oloughlin 07-25-2011 12:31 AM

Jeez alexander make me feel like I bought the wrong thing