Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Close-up magic (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lennart Green (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=186)

la0o9 03-02-2011 10:58 AM

Lennart Green

Green Lenart

I found Mr Lenart's performance from somewhere... good no?

TheMisdirectingHand 03-02-2011 03:44 PM

This is the same video I posted on the chatbox. :)

Mark 03-02-2011 04:34 PM

Lennart Green, it is. The title of the thread has been changed. ^_^
Hereby a full performance:

He's definitely one of my favorite magicians. Funny fact that he was actually disqualified at the FISM because they thought he used a special deck while he didn't and proved himself right the year after. ^_^

Too bad he recently joined the over-commercial world of magic. :(

Albert 03-02-2011 07:02 PM

Does he squish the deck on purpose either to make it look like he is amateur or to add hidden crimps? He seems to handle the deck really rough.

s13zeTheDay 03-02-2011 07:27 PM

his style is to purposely hide his skill. Though his card handling skills are in reality amazing, he attempts to make it rough around the edges/sloppy to hide his proficiency. Though he also may add crimps, I don't know

TheMisdirectingHand 03-02-2011 11:19 PM

Yes, as Mark once said to me, he likes to act sloppy on purpose. I think you probably would be right. Again though, it IS Lennart Green...

Also Mark, how do I change thread titles?! The spelling of the title really bugged me. :(

la0o9 03-02-2011 11:57 PM

Well, my mistake for getting his name wrong in the 1st place...

and yea, Mr Green apparently likes to make it look as if he was nothing more than your uncle at a family dinner( srly, i watched the video in full screen and i saw his hands shaking... idk if it's on purpose but hands shaking always mean nervousness, and it fits his style so well...).

I also think it's sad that he joined T11, despite his 7 volumes of "Green Magic" from before he joined. But if we're lucky, he just wanted to sell some tricks that he doesn't like very much and get over with it, not associating with T11 anymore( i hope, but it doesn't look good whenever a magician is on T11)

s13zeTheDay 03-03-2011 01:01 AM

He has a new 4 dvd set coming out, the "master file" or something similar, which will be released on T11 and penguin (and probably others)

Mark 03-03-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s13zeTheDay (Post 1134)
He has a new 4 dvd set coming out, the "master file" or something similar, which will be released on T11 and penguin (and probably others)

You're a little late as it's out already. It's basically a re-release of 'Green Magic' at a higher video quality and with a whole lot of modern extras. I really think that it shouldn't have been released though. :(

la0o9 03-03-2011 02:02 AM

i see, they really do look the same... i think Green Magic would have been enough, this new release almost seems like it just want to get some money... i think the recent joining of T11 was just to advertise this new DVD set...

Asad 03-03-2011 03:24 AM

Lennart Green is amazing. I love how he handles the deck in such a messy way. It makes the magic seem so much more impossible! He's got a great sense of humor too :)

TheMisdirectingHand 03-03-2011 03:43 AM

Ah I actually watched the whole thing. Time flies by when watching such skill. The only weird thing I noticed was the fact that his hands are always under the table... I liked this :).