Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Card magic (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Chicago Closer (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=727)

oliver 08-11-2012 08:05 PM

The Chicago Closer

Here's a little idea I came up with. As long as I haven't completed the whole routine, I like to call the effect the "Chicago Closer".:)

And please just ignore the few flashes.XD

OliveroG 08-11-2012 10:46 PM

It's a really good idea, i like it. I was working on a similar... "thing" a while back ago, i'll PM you some suggestions that can't be made in public.

Des 08-12-2012 07:34 PM

Nice one. I like the idea for the... you know. Creative.

Fin 08-13-2012 03:23 AM

The main "move" can also be done totally "in the hands" as you spread for a selection (pm me if you need help). This way you wouldn't have to table the deck to make the selection. I'd also work on the move a bit more, because it did draw a little suspicion while everything else looked great. Overall its a nice, straightforward handling for the Chicago Opener. Good work!

oliver 08-13-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Des (Post 7730)
Nice one. I like the idea for the... you know. Creative.

Thanks a lot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fin (Post 7732)
The main "move" can also be done totally "in the hands" as you spread for a selection (pm me if you need help). This way you wouldn't have to table the deck to make the selection. I'd also work on the move a bit more, because it did draw a little suspicion while everything else looked great. Overall its a nice, straightforward handling for the Chicago Opener. Good work!

Right, but I decided to do the tabled version, because this looks pretty fair for the spectators. I perform the "in the hands" version especially in the streets. And of course I keep practising! Thanks for your support!:)
Oliver

TommySteal 08-13-2012 02:12 PM

Hey dude...
Everything looks good although the turnover could be a lot more natural. Although a spectator might not know exactly what you're doing, it still counts as a flash because at the moment it's a very suspicious looking move. I'm sure you could get this to look awesome though! :)

Fin 08-13-2012 07:32 PM

Another thought that may be useful is that you could do a standard display of the face of the spread deck by making one small adjustment first. When I first saw the vid, I thought the first two cards you showed us were "selections", I didn't realise that this was a "shuffled deck" display. A fairer way to show us this is to show us the entire face of the deck as you spread it, and as I said above, you CAN do this without flashing anything. Just an idea :D

thetophatfirm 08-16-2012 03:13 AM

That was pretty sweet man, all the pointers were hit too! Good luck!