Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Q&A (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   What effects will be released in the store? (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=176)

Kieran Oloughlin 02-21-2011 06:01 AM

What effects will be released in the store?

On the darksleightz website I it showed the downloads that will be avalible. WHat do these downloads have in them and when will they be relesed? Aswell as that will there be effects that will be relesed? I would like to see coinage, on top of the world, and the city or paris relased.

VetoHero 02-21-2011 06:09 AM

I have spoke to Mark and he said they should be out soon. So just wait and be patient and yes I would like to see those illusions as well when available for purchase.

la0o9 02-21-2011 10:26 AM

i don't think Mark will be selling individual effects, more like basic and advanced techniques to accomplish some of his effects( or simply to accomplish classic plots with less flash), tho i wouldn't mind Mark selling those effects, i still don't know how he did "coinage", but i got a vague idea on " on top of the world" and i know exactly how he did "the city of Paris".

in any case, the upcoming releases aren't going to involve those tricks... his website says so, but let's pray he will release "coinage"

Admin 02-22-2011 07:38 AM

At http://darksleightz.itsesproductions.com/ you will find the upcoming releases in the Magicians: The Gathering section. Hereby the list so far:

Confusion A technique to practice and test your technical and presentational skills with.
Cut It 25 false two-packet cuts.
Interception An instant sandwich effect.
Jewel-cased Card through CD case.
Practical Pass The journey of Mark his take on the 'Pass'
Real Invisible Palm Mark his well-known take on the 'Invisible Palm' plot.
Repulse Control Albert his card control to wherever in the deck.
Resurrection Of The Double Undercut Our reply to Joel Paschall's 'Death To The Double Undercut'
Wild Sandwich Visual sandwich transpo.

We will have to do some of those releases first, before planning any other ones or else the list will never be completed. More information on the releases will be in the products their release threads.

la0o9 02-22-2011 09:22 AM

"Resurrection Of The Double Undercut"

so... will Mark be teaching the people who buy the DVD ways to use the DUC more deceptively? or simply the basic DUC+ applications + one effect to use it with?

Mark 02-22-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by la0o9 (Post 1023)
"Resurrection Of The Double Undercut"

so... will Mark be teaching the people who buy the DVD ways to use the DUC more deceptively? or simply the basic DUC+ applications + one effect to use it with?

It will be an extremely cheap downloadable release with me teaching the DUC including one of my performance theories that can be very useful for all magicians' performances of whatever trick they do. :rolleyes:

Fruglemonkey 02-22-2011 11:33 AM

Aw, no coin effects or gimmicks :(

la0o9 02-22-2011 02:09 PM

@Fruggle: it's a pity... tho idk if Mark is able of coming up with new, practical, good gimmicks nowadays... i mean, with a new one going out every month or so( or rather, revamped old gimmicks with a few new applications)

Mark 02-22-2011 03:28 PM

Mayyyybe we will re-release 'Globe' (a.k.a. the world's hardest coin vanish) as a downloadable too. On the original DVD there were more coin vanishes like 'Ms. Pac-Man' but if this gets re-released it will all and only be 'Globe' itself. :)

Kieran Oloughlin 02-23-2011 05:28 AM

Wild Sandwich! Awesome! Will it teack on top of the world to?

la0o9 02-23-2011 11:24 AM

I don't think there's anything used in Wild sandwich that is used in On top of the world, except may be the concept of 2 cards changing into 2 other... cause Albert didn't use the same control Mark did... idk if anyone actually know of a control that does what Mark's did... or can do that control as well as Mark did it...

Mark 02-23-2011 11:33 AM

Although 'Wild Sandwich' is a combination of 'Sandwitches' and 'On Top Of The World' (all of them invented in a row back in January '06), they all use entirely different techniques, yet using some similar principles.

'On Top Of The World' won't be released because such a release would be far too commercial. I have taught it to others personally though, and I probably will continu doing this.

s13zeTheDay 02-23-2011 03:03 PM

is there any chance of any of the previous releases being released in limited quantities?

Mark 02-23-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s13zeTheDay (Post 1033)
is there any chance of any of the previous releases being released in limited quantities?

Not the exact same releases, but for instance the 'Real Invisible Palm' and 'Practical Pass' (from 'King Of The Pass') are re-releases. ^_^

Kieran Oloughlin 02-24-2011 06:43 AM

Jewel case sound intersting

Admin 02-25-2011 12:04 AM

A re-release of 'Globe' is a fact now. Coin magicians will have a whole lot to practice once it's out. Be prepared.

la0o9 02-25-2011 05:22 AM

wish i was one of them... too bad then, Mark, do you plan on releasing Coinage at any time in the future?

Mark 02-25-2011 10:11 AM

Nope.. plus that it's still a work in progress as it's still slightly knacky. :(

la0o9 02-25-2011 12:13 PM

that in itself hints for so much... thanks anyways Mark, guess i'll have to do it the old way

tzihb 02-25-2011 02:22 PM

Wow :D
All upcoming products sound fantastic!
Thank you for sharing your brilliant ideas :p