Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Help Center (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What do you think of the forum lay-out? (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=131)

Admin 01-29-2011 06:55 PM

What do you think of the forum lay-out?

We need your awesome opinion about the forum lay-out. Please answer in the poll and in a post. Serious answers only please. We're doing serious business here. ^_^

Thanks a lot for your help! Much appreciated!

MeandmagiC 01-29-2011 07:08 PM

I like it :)
but in my opinion it would be better if it looked more magical. since this is practically a magic forum. It would be very cool if those edges of the forum (when it goes from white to black) could be smoothed/feathered/blurred. Just an idea :)

btw, i like this layout a lot, but its just an idea :)

p.s. I hate the magic cafe's layout xD, I have no idea why they still have it like that xD

TheMisdirectingHand 01-29-2011 07:22 PM

I love the current layout, the black and white give it that "feeling."

Albert 01-29-2011 09:46 PM

I think that the current layout is nice. It's simple, but gives a radiant vibe of a "cultured" forum, if you know what I mean.

However, sometimes, it feels as though the side with the black and white polka-dotted bars are a little too plain. If I was scrolling down the forum, I wouldn't be able to tell whether I'm near the top or near the bottom because it's the same all throughout... I might be over-exaggerating, but that's how I see it.

s13zeTheDay 01-29-2011 10:39 PM

I do like the fact that it's mainly black, which makes it seem "professional" and is not jarring (for example I can't stand themagiccafe's green). I hadn't thought about it before, but I agree with albert that it could be better with a bit of differentiation. Also I think the best idea would be to come up with 2-3 contenders and compare them with this one.

la0o9 01-29-2011 11:09 PM

it seems fine to me, everything is easy on the eyes and everything look very professional. but Albert is right, it needs a certain level of differentiation, may be we should follow S13ze's advice

Admin 01-29-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s13zeTheDay (Post 628)
I do like the fact that it's mainly black, which makes it seem "professional" and is not jarring (for example I can't stand themagiccafe's green). I hadn't thought about it before, but I agree with albert that it could be better with a bit of differentiation. Also I think the best idea would be to come up with 2-3 contenders and compare them with this one.

What exactly do you mean with "2-3 contenders" in this case?

We have just changed the background a little bit so that it fades to black the lower you scroll. Please let us know if that is better?

Thank you!

Albert 01-30-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 632)
We have just changed the background a little bit so that it fades to black the lower you scroll. Please let us know if that is better?

Thank you!

Ah, I see it. In my opinion, maybe the fade can be a bit stronger? It's not very noticeable to me since the little white dots still are visible on the lower sections. Maybe that was intended (because white dots are awesome :awesome:). But it does look better than before :)

Mark 01-30-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert (Post 634)
Ah, I see it. In my opinion, maybe the fade can be a bit stronger? It's not very noticeable to me since the little white dots still are visible on the lower sections. Maybe that was intended (because white dots are awesome :awesome:). But it does look better than before :)

Be sure to check it out in long threads like this one. ^_^

Albert 01-30-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 635)
Be sure to check it out in long threads like this one. ^_^

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

:awesome:

s13zeTheDay 01-30-2011 02:16 AM

What I meant was that just trying out a few would give a better sense of how changing it would actually look than just thinking hypothetically. For example, I like this fading scheme.

Admin 02-05-2011 03:18 PM

The poll has now been closed. Thanks a lot you guys!

Fruglemonkey 02-05-2011 04:03 PM

Is there a way to easily/quickly see my own posts?

Admin 02-05-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruglemonkey (Post 761)
Is there a way to easily/quickly see my own posts?

If you click your username in the left you can choose "Find More Posts by Fruglemonkey". Another way would be to go to your profile and click the Statistics tab.