Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   The Store (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   'ACID' by Albert Victoria (tutorial) (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=402)

schugunwinta 11-05-2011 06:30 AM

One of my favourite trick of all time :)

Johnny Silver 11-19-2011 07:18 AM

I have so many routines where this is going to be immediatley applied-great vid.

Travmang 11-20-2011 05:38 PM

I give this move a 387 out of 388

Fin 11-25-2011 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travmang (Post 5693)
I give this move a 387 out of 388

Well, you always were tight-fisted!

Watching this tutorial again now with three brand new decks in each hand. It's gonna be a rough night! :cool:

Travmang 11-25-2011 06:26 AM

The decks will be destroyed come sunrise, which for you would be about nowish I believe lol. EITHER WAY IT SHALL BE PERFECTED!

GloriousMagic 12-10-2011 11:12 AM

Hey, could someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this move somewhat similar to Roy Walton's paintbrush change?

theheron 12-10-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloriousMagic (Post 6292)
Hey, could someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this move somewhat similar to Roy Walton's paintbrush change?

Nope... How did you get that impression btw?

Mark 12-10-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloriousMagic

I can see where you're coming from, but no, it's not. 'ACID' can do a whole lot more than a 'Paint Brush Change' too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theheron
Nope... How did you get that impression btw?

If you'd do everything exactly the same as in any 'ACID' routine and instead of doing the actual 'ACID' you do a 'Paint Brush Change' you can sort of see what he got the impression from.

MagusJakus 12-10-2011 03:23 PM

Albert,you now that I buy ACID and I watch the angles section,but I'm still afraid that spectators don't catch me,especially at the right.Please help me if you have some suggestions.

Mark 12-10-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagusJakus (Post 6296)
Albert,you now that I buy ACID and I watch the angles section,but I'm still afraid that spectators don't catch me,especially at the right.Please help me if you have some suggestions.

I hope you meant "that spectators will catch me". ;) Other than that, it seems like you may worry a bit too much because the right side is easiest (and very easy) to cover well. If you feel really insecure, you may as well "kill" it as mentioned in the Angles section as well.

Albert 12-10-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagusJakus (Post 6296)

The angles are extremely good. You have to know what your angles are and that's why I stress practicing in front of a mirror. You can't be afraid of it because there's nothing to be afraid of. A mirror is your best friend at the moment ;)

I've performed this for almost 60 people surrounded before and around 6 people surrounded 1 foot away from them 3 times in a row and got away with it (mind you 5 of them were all magicians). That includes the front, side, and back that I was surrounded from. :)

thetophatfirm 12-10-2011 10:39 PM

damn.

ItsMagicITellYou 12-15-2011 09:26 PM

this is brilliant! i can already think of a million things to do with it but i have to practice first..lol :p but seriously, great job coming up with this!

mintai2003 01-10-2012 06:34 PM

this looks pretty cool!

GuaidaoKID 11-28-2012 04:20 AM

will i get a dvd after buying this?

Admin 11-28-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuaidaoKID (Post 8116)
will i get a dvd after buying this?

You will receive a downloadable video, hence a file size and such being listed in the technical specifications.