Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Card magic (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Chicago Opener (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=501)

GloriousMagic 11-12-2011 12:27 PM

Chicago Opener

This is my performance of the Chicago Opener... Btw I gave card magic a break for awhile and now I'm back. Please give suggestions on how to improve on the performance... :D

The flash in the lift was my bad :blush:

theheron 11-12-2011 01:31 PM

Very well performed! The one thing I never liked about this trick was the way the second card is selected, it's too different from the first way the card is selected, but great performance, I didn't catch any flash :)

oliver 11-12-2011 01:42 PM

Hey, nice performance indeed.
One little thing: You have to show the second card a bit longer, otherwise the spectator will be confused, because they didn't see the card.
Quote:

Originally Posted by theheron (Post 5323)
The one thing I never liked about this trick was the way the second card is selected, it's too different from the first way the card is selected

I don't like that neither...But you can use another force or you let the spectator pick the first card with the Hindu Shuffle, too.:D

GloriousMagic 11-12-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Very well performed!

Thks :)

Quote:

The one thing I never liked about this trick was the way the second card is selected, it's too different from the first way the card is selected

Maybe the application of the classic force is possible? I dunno, but it doesn't always work for me :thinking:

Quote:

but great performance, I didn't catch any flash :)

That's good to hear... but it was there :shy:

theheron 11-12-2011 01:46 PM

I think Patrick Kun's Mirror F**ce would work, or the classic

TommySteal 11-12-2011 04:52 PM

The only thing I thought of was the two cards were very similar to one another and this may've resulted in less of an impact on the grand finale. You should also allow the spectator to remember the cards. Of course you could always experiment with different ways of forcing a card if you think it would improve your performance, but remember: spectators don't know sleight of hand, and therefore "moves" are merely for the magician's satisfaction. Apart from that, nice job!

ouncesmusic 11-12-2011 07:11 PM

my suggestion (or what i do) is to have the first selected card brought to the top, flipped over to show than back over, loose in deck, show change and place aside, than if you repeat the first step and have your force card on top, you can simply do a DL and the second selection will appear just as the first one did, other than that nice performance, this is one of my favs cuz im a midwest-chitown baby