Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Magic Which? (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What is Your Favourite Colour Change? (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=295)

msly 06-15-2011 10:10 AM

What is Your Favourite Colour Change?

Hey Guys just WOndering what are Your favourite top Card colour Changes? :)

Kieran Oloughlin 06-15-2011 10:23 AM

Hello msly. ANd welcome (you should really make an introduction post)

I dont really like colour chnages. I dont practice that much nor perform them that much but My favourite colour change would be the plain simple shkae change. One where you shake the card and it changes. It fools laymen all the time and I enjoy is simplicty.

My favourtie change that I cannot do would probably be the rotar change

la0o9 06-15-2011 10:56 AM

my fav out of my arsenal would be the Zoso change, revamped( originally done by denkste144, where an extra Erdnase change concept was added) and remastered( done with 2 cards and no deck in hand), i like the concept and the applications i could use it for, so i love it a lot.

My fav out of every single change i know of( meaning both ones i can and can't do) would be the "Smooth" color change by Mark, i really hope i would be good enough to figure it out one day, i only got this much so far: it happens really quickly and it ends up in the middle or bottom of the deck( well, there ARE more, but no way am i gonna say it, that would be disrespectful). In fact, it is because the Zoso change makes the same thing happens as it does with the Smooth change that i like it.

Fin 06-15-2011 03:42 PM

No surprises on my choice at the moment. It has to be the "Hurricane" similar to the one in my youtube video but faster (like Mark's Erdnase video). When I get that perfected I think it'll be my regular colour change because there's no setup, the angles are very good and it looks great. My second choice is probably the "cardini" as done by Mark the other night in a webcam chat. It completely blew my mind. Sorry Mark I can't remember what you called it but it looks incredible. It seems like AS you lift the top card from the deck, it changes!

mtsmartins 06-15-2011 04:42 PM

Hum..I don't know exactly wich i like most, but the bertram shadow is beatiful, i'm practicing it '-'

Albert 06-15-2011 05:32 PM

I guess I really like the Erdnase Colour change, seeing that I use that so much. The classic Change is also one of my favourites. I really used to like the twirl change and used it a lot, but not so much anymore for some reason.

MarkoViner 06-15-2011 06:50 PM

I really don't have a favorite one the one I use the most is the "G-Force Change" by Eric Goldfarb. I love the idea it looks like your just weaving your hand over the deck and the card changes.

TheMisdirectingHand 06-15-2011 08:39 PM

I love the classics. Out of the ones I can perform, my favorites are the Cardini, and Erdnase Color Change. The concepts of the change show so much simplicity..

As for the changes I cannot perform... it HAS to be the Bertram Shadow and Smooth Color Change...

TommySteal 06-15-2011 11:40 PM

I don't often use colour changes but when I do I like to use a sort-of sideways erdnase change. I can also make the snap change look pretty good on camera, the one David Blaine performed for his interactive card effect on the very first street magic series.

Asad 06-18-2011 06:41 AM

Shapeshifter by far. It is extremely visual, creates a beautiful snapping sound, angle proof, easy to get into, ends clean. It really is the perfect color change in my opinion.

s13zeTheDay 06-21-2011 10:47 PM

I'd say the be kind change, because when done right it really looks as close as you can possibly get to a real color change

TheMisdirectingHand 06-22-2011 02:58 AM

The Be Kind change is my third go to change. It's not the "perfect" change mechanically, but visually, it is. The idea of "waving" your hand over a card to make it change is the practical idea of most laymen.

Fin 06-22-2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMisdirectingHand (Post 2471)
The Be Kind change is my third go to change. It's not the "perfect" change mechanically, but visually, it is. The idea of "waving" your hand over a card to make it change is the practical idea of most laymen.

It does look awesome doesn't it :p

TheMisdirectingHand 06-22-2011 05:28 AM

I use it more than the Erdnase. =)

Kieran Oloughlin 06-22-2011 07:47 AM

I cant belive I didnt say this berfore my favourite change is defiantly the clipshift

Fin 06-22-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran Oloughlin (Post 2477)
I cant belive I didnt say this berfore my favourite change is defiantly the clipshift

What I love about the clipshift as a colour change is that it seems that much more magical and impossible when done well because it's (a) one-handed (b) the "change" happens openly without the hand covering the whole card (c) it is silent :eek:

Albert 06-22-2011 05:44 PM

You know what? I'll just stick to the Smooth. I don't know how to do it, but I don't care. It's ma' favourite and no one's going to steal it from me!!! Not even Mark! :mad:

Fin 06-22-2011 06:00 PM

lol Albert..

But yeah, of the ones I don't know Marks smooth360 has got to be the best.

TheMisdirectingHand 06-22-2011 06:39 PM

You won't believe how badly Albert just cracked me up...

la0o9 06-23-2011 06:41 AM

ok... but i'm gonna steal it, cause it's my fav too, and i ain't giving it up either.

CS is a good technique, but the change is only silent if you do it right, and the amount of people who do it right is quite little.