Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Public Magic Discussions (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Gambler's cop vs Bottom palm (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=643)

IdioticGod 03-05-2012 08:25 PM

Gambler's cop vs Bottom palm

Hey guys, I'm considering putting quite some effort learning a bottom steal properly, and before I do that, I'd like to know which one do you think it's best: a gambler's cop or a bottom palm (say, Erdnase Bottom Palm), and why?
Or, if you have another sugestion, I'm all ears :)

la0o9 03-05-2012 09:09 PM

i prefer the Gambler's Cop over the bottom palm, since i use the right hand more than the left and nobody really say anything about a stationary left hand.

OliveroG 03-06-2012 03:12 AM

Gamblers cop is way more direct, but palming gives you a better cover, if you're going to palm for long time, use the bottom palm, if it won't take that much time, gamblers cop is the best one.

ouncesmusic 03-07-2012 12:14 AM

When I first learned of the gambler's cop, I ditched my efforts towards the bottom palm as it was much easier for me. That was quite some time ago, and I've come to be somewhat of a move monkey now so I practice a lot of different things. Overall, I think the gamblers cop is the way to go. Understanding both of them thoroughly will probably help in mastering either one you decide to perfect. With good performance and even the tiniest bit of misdirection, in my opinion, the cop should go undetected.

Fin 03-08-2012 01:47 AM

I prefer the gambler's cop, mainly because with the moves I currently know, its more often faster and easier to get into than the palm. That said, I'm sure that practising moves that use both is the way to go, as it gives you more options.

TommySteal 03-08-2012 01:55 PM

In the poll I voted for the cop, cause it just comes more natural to me. With that said though, the bottom steal I find great when only a small number of cards are being used, for example in effects like the open travelers or an ace assembly.

TheMisdirectingHand 03-11-2012 05:06 PM

I prefer using some weird that I really don't know the name of when stealing the bottom card. All I know is, Mark calls it a Finger Palm. :D

Mark 03-11-2012 09:55 PM

I totally agree with Fin and Tommy. ^_^

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMisdirectingHand (Post 7016)
I prefer using some weird that I really don't know the name of when stealing the bottom card. All I know is, Mark calls it a Finger Palm. :D

The only thing is that it is not quite related to either a 'Bottom Palm' or a 'Gambler's Cop' as these are done with the other hand.

Fin 03-12-2012 01:23 AM

Anyone ever use the nose palm? I know it's angle sensitive but it's just so much fun to practise!

TheMisdirectingHand 03-12-2012 01:30 AM

Well, he didn't specify which hand. All there was to begin with in the poll was, "Gambler's Cop," "Bottom Palm," and "Other." I'd like to believe that my "other" stays relevant. :)

Mark 03-12-2012 02:38 AM

Ah, yeah, okay, true, my bad. :blush:

Fin 03-12-2012 06:23 PM

lol Awesome! I can't believe Mark was wrong about something ;) Almost a trick in itself :D

IdioticGod 03-21-2012 07:00 PM

Well, gamblers cop it is. A big personal thanks to everybody for the advice ^_^

(Forgive me for not saying all your names, but I'm kinda short on time, so... yeah... :thinking: ... Thanks again)