Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Card magic (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Spring Control using the Repulse Control (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=129)

Albert 01-29-2011 06:28 AM

Spring Control using the Repulse Control

So here it is :awesome:

Enjoy!

LittleLead 01-29-2011 08:21 AM

Woah!

Mark 01-29-2011 10:19 AM

:D Nice! Although I know you could've done better in the final bit though, but this was exactly what I expected it to look like. ^_^

Albert 01-29-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 614)
:D Nice! Although I know you could've done better in the final bit though, but this was exactly what I expected it to look like. ^_^

Haha sorry! I was really exhausted by that time so I didn't practice properly :sneaky:. I had been awake for around 21 hours and 16 hours of it was composed of school :cry:

s13zeTheDay 01-29-2011 05:33 PM

This is great. The only slight comment I have (take it with a grain of salt cause I don't know exactly how this works) is that you could probably reduce the visible finger motion when you push the card in. I also acknowledge the fact that you're pretty busy and tired, so this may also be an anomaly. Also, out of curiosity, are you using bicycle 125s, and if so, how are they?

Albert 01-29-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s13zeTheDay (Post 618)
This is great. The only slight comment I have (take it with a grain of salt cause I don't know exactly how this works) is that you could probably reduce the visible finger motion when you push the card in. I also acknowledge the fact that you're pretty busy and tired, so this may also be an anomaly. Also, out of curiosity, are you using bicycle 125s, and if so, how are they?

No worries. Yeah, that is a problem when I do the push-in since I'm using the Repulse control concept for that (I'm too used to "squaring up the deck :D". However, I often like to use the peak-method, ie., peak the card without taking the card out like the miller cascade control. That often eliminates a lot of the finger movements. That was one of the reasons that I thought this one was inferior to Mark's.

As for the 125's they are thin, which I like, but they are not durable at all. I usually take really good care of my cards, but the 125s gets really sticky regardless. Maybe I did something to it at some point, but they aren't durable for me and they warp in an S-shape (if you look from the short side). Maybe it's just me :thinking:

TheMisdirectingHand 01-29-2011 07:28 PM

It looks good, but the only thing I find suspicious is when you actually control the card during the execution of the spring. I understand if it's fundamental to the execution of the control, but to me it just has this suspicious feeling to it.

Albert 01-29-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMisdirectingHand (Post 624)
It looks good, but the only thing I find suspicious is when you actually control the card during the execution of the spring. I understand if it's fundamental to the execution of the control, but to me it just has this suspicious feeling to it.

What do you mean?

The card is actually already controlled when the spring is being done, but if you meant the slight forceful motion I did during the spring, then that was my mistake, kind of. I did it to ensure the card landed perfectly square with the deck, which is a trade-off. Hopefully, I won't have to do it when I get better :D

s13zeTheDay 01-29-2011 10:36 PM

Where can I learn the repulse control?

la0o9 01-29-2011 11:03 PM

Well, it used to be available on his youtube channel for a very short amount of time, now it is either private, or removed, and will( hopefully according to DSZ's plans) be released in 2011 in a limited amount of copies.

TheMisdirectingHand 01-30-2011 12:27 AM

Yes, that is what I meant. Well, time to conduct more theories then...

Mark 01-30-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by la0o9 (Post 629)
Well, it used to be available on his youtube channel for a very short amount of time, now it is either private, or removed, and will( hopefully according to DSZ's plans) be released in 2011 in a limited amount of copies.

You definitely are close, Sir. Turn 'limited' into 'unlimited' and you got a winner! :D

Magician777card 05-22-2011 12:01 AM

Wow that was very.... hmm Amazing use of the spring!!!1 :D

Kieran Oloughlin 05-22-2011 03:49 AM

Is this taught in the repluse download???

la0o9 05-22-2011 04:01 AM

you can practically work it out yourself if you know the spring and the repulse...

Albert 05-22-2011 04:39 PM

Yuppy. If you know the repulse, then it's easy to figure out how it's done. :)

KGaborMagic 08-14-2011 08:18 AM

Woaw. That was awesome Albert!
Now I really want to know who the Spring control works:D
Hope it will get released soon.

Fin 08-14-2011 03:36 PM

Very nice application :p

Mark 08-14-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robandbob55 (Post 3103)
Woaw. That was awesome Albert!
Now I really want to know who the Spring control works:D
Hope it will get released soon.

Do you mean Albert's or mine. If you have the 'Repulse Control' tutorial, the first of the two is self-explanatory. ^_^

Randy 08-14-2011 05:29 PM

very nice well done .