Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Community updates (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Store system overhaul (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=416)

Admin 09-23-2011 01:30 AM

Store system overhaul

Payloadz has served our company well for the past four years, but its service is getting a little too expensive now, mainly due to the massive files we had to store on their servers.

We decided to set up our own system called the It's eStored. Just like Payloadz, this will use PayPal as payment system so not that much will change. Within the next day or two we will be changing everything to this.

You can still purchase whatever product you like at any time though, but if things suddenly look different, you now know why.

Albert 09-23-2011 01:39 AM

YES! Finally, something good is happening :D

Kieran Oloughlin 09-23-2011 08:27 AM

Does this mean you be able to know who has bought what?

Mark 09-23-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran Oloughlin (Post 4225)
Does this mean you be able to know who has bought what?

Not more or less than before. And I know what you are aiming at but it's not going to happen, sorry.

The only way for us to make a forum section on every single product every purchaser of that product would get access to, would be to have everyone put their PayPal e-mails in their profile, and then we would have to give everyone permission manually. We would have to charge much more for our products to make up for the man hours put in that then. :(

MysteryHand 09-23-2011 05:04 PM

The pay site is a strange language. Can you change it to English and can pay with debit or visa card. Thank you

Admin 09-23-2011 05:21 PM

Update
All magic tricks have been converted to the It's eStored already. All there is left is the music but that will happen within the next couple of hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysteryHand (Post 4237)
The pay site is a strange language. Can you change it to English and can pay with debit or visa card. Thank you

Sorry, this was a PayPal glitch because they based the language on our e-mail address instead of on the language we put in the link. Everything should be in English now.

You can pay with your debit or Visa card through PayPal, as usual.

KGaborMagic 09-23-2011 10:35 PM

This new system looks really cool^_^
If I'll lose a video I bought, I won't have to find the email anymore. :D

Kieran Oloughlin 09-24-2011 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 4227)
Not more or less than before. And I know what you are aiming at but it's not going to happen, sorry.

The only way for us to make a forum section on every single product every purchaser of that product would get access to, would be to have everyone put their PayPal e-mails in their profile, and then we would have to give everyone permission manually. We would have to charge much more for our products to make up for the man hours put in that then. :(

Hwo dare you answer my next question before I ask it

Fin 09-28-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert (Post 4218)
YES! Finally, something good is happening :D

That's a bit dramatic, isn't it Albert? What about Libya, the new Ipod, increased lifespan for the over-60's in developed countries, low-fat sugar "alternatives", not to mention laser guided bombs, the delightful rise to power of "energy drinks", and easier to open cans of coke than when I was a kid? It's not all bad, yunno :rolleyes:

Albert 09-28-2011 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fin (Post 4417)
That's a bit dramatic, isn't it Albert? What about Libya, the new Ipod, increased lifespan for the over-60's in developed countries, low-fat sugar "alternatives", not to mention laser guided bombs, the delightful rise to power of "energy drinks", and easier to open cans of coke than when I was a kid? It's not all bad, yunno :rolleyes:

LMAO! Smartass...

:rolleyes:

Kelan 10-01-2011 12:29 AM

Looks awesome! It looks really simple, but elegant, yet sleek all at the same time. =0 Just like the Aladdins! XD

Nawh, but it looks really good, you guys should all make a new purchase to see what it looks like. =p

No, I'm serious.. Buy something!!!:devil:

TommySteal 10-02-2011 12:18 AM

@Fin Tee hee hee

Admin 10-02-2011 12:19 PM

Update
The overhaul seems to be completed. The past week we had to sort out some remaining issues, although none of those caused any problems for the customers. It was quite a challenge to keep everything open and running while switching to the new system, but it worked out fine.

We would like to clear up that if you purchased any of our products from Payloadz in the past, those purchases will be added to your It's eStored account as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelan (Post 4478)
Looks awesome! It looks really simple, but elegant, yet sleek all at the same time. =0 Just like the Aladdins! XD

Nawh, but it looks really good, you guys should all make a new purchase to see what it looks like. =p

No, I'm serious.. Buy something!!!:devil:

We are very pleased to see that you like it. Thank you!

Travmang 10-07-2011 01:48 PM

So, just bought 'Open Source' and got a chance to check out the new store system, and I must say that it's rather great!

I now have an account that I can log into, and it shows all my past and current purchases and it also provides download links for everything! Much better than having to track down old emails and stuff like that to be able to re download stuff lol. :) Good work!

Albert 10-08-2011 04:15 AM

Agreed with Trav!

The whole login in process makes the store seem more secure and professional. However, one little thing I'm not too satisfied with is the fact that I have to wait a bit in order to get the confirmation email before I get to download. But except for that, I think the benefits outweigh the disadvantages greatly!

Mark 10-08-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert (Post 4634)
one little thing I'm not too satisfied with is the fact that I have to wait a bit in order to get the confirmation email before I get to download.

I think you didn't read the F.A.Q. on the page properly, silly chap. :rolleyes: Such a confirmation e-mail is a one-time only thing, only for the very first time when you purchased anything through the It's eStored service. Future purchases can be downloaded instantly, as long as you don't lose your password because then you need to go through the 'Password Recovery' first. ;)

Albert 10-08-2011 03:11 PM

Oh... XD

My bad! I'm so stupid! >.<

Okay, the new store is officially 100% awesome :D

Fin 10-09-2011 05:04 AM

HAHAAA! Stoopid! na, na, nana, na! ;)

MeandmagiC 10-09-2011 12:56 PM

it works :D

Admin 10-09-2011 03:11 PM

Update
No more e-mail verification needed, not even after your very first It's eStored purchase. Everything is fully automated now.

However, to keep things safe and secure, your password will change at every purchase you make. You will be receiving your new login details automatically, right after your most recent purchase.

Also, be sure to use one and the same e-mail address for all of your purchases. If your e-mail address changed, please let us know before making a new purchase or else things may end up a little messy.