Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Playing Cards (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Presenting the Art Fighters Playing Card Company (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=407)

Mark 09-17-2011 12:13 AM

Presenting the Art Fighters Playing Card Company

For those who don't know it yet, we are going to produce playing cards! :D

You may actually wonder: "But Mark, it says 'Art Fighters'. Isn't that kind of negative, like crime fighters, who fight the crime? You don't fight the art, do you?"

Yes and no. We indeed fight for the art instead of against it, but in order to do so we also fight against the art the way it currently is. Almost every deck we will produce will have a special meaning based on the overly commercialized world of playing cards.

The decks will be sold in a Kickstarter-kind of way, in which we will take preorders and have the decks produced as soon as we reached a specific amount of orders. The preorder goals will be fairly low so that people don't have to wait for ages before they receive their decks. This however also means the decks won't be supercheap (but not superexpensive either). As always, we tend to break even.

The AFPCC website with more information is coming soon. Stay tuned!

la0o9 09-17-2011 01:21 AM

I.Hate.You.Guys...

because now you've just put ANOTHER thing i can't ever get up for sale, right in front of me... damn it... oh well, at least i'll be able to drool over it everyday

Albert 09-17-2011 03:32 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'll practically be making almost every future videos with these decks... Uhhhhhh the glory...

My mind will be having festival tonight as I sleep and dream.

I.WANT.IT.SO.BADLY.UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.* DROOL*

Note: No perverted meanings were put behind those previous words.

Travmang 09-17-2011 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert (Post 4101)
I.WANT.IT.SO.BADLY.UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.* DROOL*

Note: No perverted meanings were put behind those previous words.

I'm disinclined to believe the latter statement.

oliver 09-17-2011 08:24 AM

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Yeah!^^

KGaborMagic 09-17-2011 08:48 AM

Yeah! It will be amazing
Now Albert needs a trollface deck:p

Mark 09-17-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by la0o9 (Post 4098)
I.Hate.You.Guys...

because now you've just put ANOTHER thing i can't ever get up for sale, right in front of me... damn it... oh well, at least i'll be able to drool over it everyday

Why? (I guess I forgot.) :(

la0o9 09-17-2011 11:36 PM

my reason would be the easiest reason there is: because i don't have the proper form of payment. i can only buy stuffs like cards and gimmicks through real life exchange of money and item. and thus, making it impossible for me to actually GET anything more than a cheap item from the store

Mark 09-18-2011 12:57 AM

Well, you could always pay us through Western Union, though I think their service would cost more than the items unless you order quite some things at once. Easier (though WU is rather simple) would be to know someone who does actually have access to a proper form of payment and paying that person in cash yourself, I guess. Or send us a letter with cash (exchanged to Euros or exchange service costs included).

Just three options, two of which would definitely work for you, or anyone else for that matter. :)

KGaborMagic 09-18-2011 08:03 AM

And you can always get a junior credit card. Most of them are completely free, and you can use them at paypal with a small ammount of money, so it's relatively safe. Mine's just arrived, waiting to get my paypal validation. Then I can finally buy Interception. AHHHYEAH

Kieran Oloughlin 09-18-2011 10:27 AM

I get my mother to buy things with her credit card and I give her the momey there and then, she then uses the money to pay the money that was used from her credit card.

la0o9 09-18-2011 11:03 AM

Thanks you guys for telling me those options... but apparently... they all have one big flaw that makes my life only half as enjoyable as it should be: my parents.

The culture here states that the child must obey the parents or the guardians, and it's been drilled very deeply into my mind, and as of lately the restraints they put on me is increasing, thus making it virtually impossible to do such a thing like buying new stuffs unless they say it's OK to( and, they say No to any purchases that could possibly hinder my studies, which, in their mind, is related to magic)

Alexander 09-18-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by la0o9 (Post 4116)
The culture here states that the child must obey the parents or the guardians, and it's been drilled very deeply into my mind, and as of lately the restraints they put on me is increasing, thus making it virtually impossible to do such a thing like buying new stuffs unless they say it's OK to( and, they say No to any purchases that could possibly hinder my studies, which, in their mind, is related to magic)

I'd highly reccomend you going and getting a job, so you can manage your finances on your own.

Travmang 09-18-2011 09:48 PM

I believe he is only 16 years old.

Mark 09-18-2011 11:55 PM

Good ol' cultural differences. Sometimes you'd forget that they still exist.

I could never imagine living in such a culture, at least not without doing things my parents wouldn't allow. I probably would've gone to the nearest WU bank to send some cash for downloadables so my parents would never figure (hey, that's just me.. don't actually do that).

But yeah, back when I was 16 (and even a couple of years before that), I had to work next to the study in order to make my own money, and then I could spend it on whatever too. What about you ask your parents for some magic/card-related things for your birthday or any other present-receiving day you got there? :)

Fin 09-19-2011 03:13 AM

If it were me I'd just call in a passing UFO and get a one way ticket to the Bahamas!

therippedtormentor 09-25-2011 04:27 AM

parents tend to be like that

s13zeTheDay 09-25-2011 04:43 AM

Please tell me these decks won't be limited run

theheron 09-25-2011 10:08 PM

WooHoo!

Albert 09-25-2011 10:12 PM

Gosh, I can't wait to get my hand on these babies...