Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Public Magic Discussions (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   is this idea taken??? (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=476)

schugunwinta 10-31-2011 12:37 AM

is this idea taken???

theheron 10-31-2011 01:19 AM

It seems a little similar to something by Chris Brown, I don't wanna say exactly, in case it would be considered exposure. But I can't say I've seen it exactly like that before.

Fin 10-31-2011 01:42 AM

Chris Brown, "Venus Trap"
Olivier Macia "Wow Control" (Control Freak DVD)
and others have worked on this move.

Findini recently did a variation called the "Jupiter Trap", and then was killed in a bizarre UFO incident, which was later covered up... then uncovered.... then that journalist was killed and it all was covered up again. Findini is now back alive and living somewhere inside Area-51.

Albert 10-31-2011 01:43 AM

It doesn't seem like the idea is taken, but that's a pretty big flash. Not particularly because of your skills, but because of the nature of the control. That's going to be hard to get away with in a live performance. :(

schugunwinta 10-31-2011 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert (Post 5021)
It doesn't seem like the idea is taken, but that's a pretty big flash. Not particularly because of your skills, but because of the nature of the control. That's going to be hard to get away with in a live performance. :(

Maybe if i switch the angle?????

Albert 10-31-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schugunwinta (Post 5023)
Maybe if i switch the angle?????

I'm not at home to try it out myself, but from what I can see, I don't think that will help much. Try it in front of a mirror. That's the best way to know. :)

schugunwinta 10-31-2011 02:51 AM

Alright thanks for your help :)

Fin 10-31-2011 03:47 AM

Maybe I missed something Albert, but to me this looks like exactly like the same concept as the "venus trap" except that the finger positioning/get-ready is obviously slightly different, and the cover/angles being used are not the same. Now I'm just confused. lol :)

Regardless of that schugunwinta, you should be proud of yourself for coming up with this control even if someone had come up with exactly the same one before. It is pretty damn cool, although I agree it has angle issues at the moment. But if you do a bit of research into the venus trap and other similar moves I think you should be able to conquer the worst of those angle problems.

Albert 10-31-2011 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fin (Post 5028)
Maybe I missed something Albert, but to me this looks like exactly like the same concept as the "venus trap" except that the finger positioning/get-ready is obviously slightly different, and the cover/angles being used are not the same. Now I'm just confused. lol :)

Regardless of that schugunwinta, you should be proud of yourself for coming up with this control even if someone had come up with exactly the same one before. It is pretty damn cool, although I agree it has angle issues at the moment. But if you do a bit of research into the venus trap and other similar moves I think you should be able to conquer the worst of those angle problems.

The concept is similar, but the move was executed completely differently from the Venus Trap, so that's what I mean by the idea not being taken (as in the exact same move).

la0o9 10-31-2011 11:33 AM

well, the secret isn't new, but your handling is kinda nice, tho it's a bit suspicious.

schugunwinta 11-05-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by la0o9 (Post 5038)
well, the secret isn't new, but your handling is kinda nice, tho it's a bit suspicious.

Thanks, I think the natural move just gives it that look :)

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fin (Post 5020)
Chris Brown, "Venus Trap"
Olivier Macia "Wow Control" (Control Freak DVD)
and others have worked on this move.

Findini recently did a variation called the "Jupiter Trap", and then was killed in a bizarre UFO incident, which was later covered up... then uncovered.... then that journalist was killed and it all was covered up again. Findini is now back alive and living somewhere inside Area-51.

umm ok then

Kelan 11-05-2011 01:39 AM

Lmao! Fin, when is Toe sleights 2 coming out?

schugunwinta 11-05-2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fin (Post 5028)

Thank you very much Fin
appreciate the reply :)